UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pho' time....

Pho'....

So the hubs like the stuff.  Like, really, really loves it.  He swears it cures a cold, he swears it makes his sperm swim faster {he ate it right around when we got preggers with Aiden} and he swears it will heal all.  I on the other hand have not really tried Pho'.  Once in college I got some with a study group, but I either went to bad place, got the wrong kind for me {no tripe on mine please...} or was just not very open-minded about it - which very well may have been the case.

I promised Kris I would really give it a try for him.  It's been 3 years in the making, but last night I finally took the plunge.  And I'm in LOVE.  Oh goodness it was yummy!  I got the chicken kind, it came with nice lean chicken stripes in it, onion, green onions, noodles and of course broth.  Nothing scary in my folks {I did add the mandatory bean sprouts, lime and sauces of course} and a small bowl was almost not enough for me!

My hubs got the house special, you know the kind with EVERYTHING in it - round steak, flank steak, tripe, meatballs etc.... he also couldn't have a small or large bowl, it was the mack-daddy X-Large bowl.  I am not joking, he bowl was the size of a large Pyrex mixing bowl.  It was beyond big, and without a doubt he was able to finish it all. 

We had a nice little time and I told him today I kind of want it again already!  Any other Pho' fans out there?  I even told Kris I might try making some one day at home, it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult.  Anyone tried making something similar??

1 comments:

Moments and Impressions said...

yuummm... never had pho - but my god does it look good! Any tips on how to find a good place to try?

Related Posts with Thumbnails