UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Papa Update!

Surgery finally happened on Tuesday, the 2nd, at 2pm.  The surgery took about 4 hours to complete and then he spent nearly 3 hours in recovery.  It went well though.  He lost a good amount of blood so they ended up giving him a total of 4 pints of blood to keep him stable.  His heart did fine this time and his blood pressure was pretty normal for a man of his age.

He had a fever for a day but it quickly went away without causing much concern.  They had him sitting up in a chair for an hour and half the very next day.  He also had to start physical therapy immediately.  He was a tad grumpy about this with the nurse, but she told him he had no choice in the matter - it was dr's orders and he was to follow them!

The nurse told me that during his first PT when they had him try using a walker without putting much pressure down on his right leg that he actually started walking too fast and they had to have him slow down so he didn't get hurt.  What a great sign. 

That's all I have for an update.  I went yesterday and he even seems to be in a better mood.  I mean he is still about to drive the nurses crazy {they had to take away his call button for awhile hehe} but he is doing well.  Next step will be to go to a rehab house for a while and continue his PT.  Then finally back to his own place at the assisted living facility.

Thanks to all of you wonderful bloggers for the prayers and kind words. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad he's doing well!

Moments and Impressions said...

*smiles*

Related Posts with Thumbnails