UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Friday, December 30, 2011

2012 Resolutions

And another year is about to start... I can't believe just how fast this year as gone.  It seems like it wasn't that long ago I found out I was expecting Eli.  It doesn't seem possible that Aiden is already well into his 2's - and acting it too!  :)  I lot got accomplished in the year, and a lot didn't.  Here is to hoping 2012 works out a bit better....

Life Goals:

-  Lose baby weight after Eli is born - not setting a number, but technically I could stand to lose 100lbs and still be a size 12....
-  Obviously deliver and recover safely in February
-  Potty Train Aiden by Oct 9 - his 3rd bday.
-  Start showering, putting on anything but lounge clothes and perhaps wearing my hair down more often.  Now, it's not like I don't shower, but since hitting 2nd trimester it's becoming an every 2-3 day thing, not a daily thing.  Also I spend most days in my nightgown, yoga pants or sweats and my hair up... so ya know, as I lose weight I'm hoping to want to put some effort into my looks again.


Reading Goals:

-  Read The Hunger Games Trilogy {already downloaded all 3 on my kindle!}
-  Try reading at least one new author. 
-  Seriously read a famous person's Biography.  This shouldn't be hard to do, but it was on my list this year and I still managed to skip over it.
-  My new goal is only going to be 20.  30 this year was a stretch, matter of fact I am only halfway through my 30th book - so umm, I'll be up until 1159pm reading tomorrow....

Sewing Goals:

-  Complete Brock's birthday quilt {his bday is the day after mine, Jan 6th.... eek!}
-  Complete Eli's baby blanket
-  Make a Tumbler block quilt
-  Make a Color Block quilt
-  Dick & Jane quilt
-  A quilt for my dad's birthday in Oct.
-  Try using more solids
-  Try making mom's Sunbonnet Sue quilt... I've never done applique and I'm terrified!

Well there you have it - some goals, in print, for me to work on this coming year.  I'm sure 2012 will be wonderful no matter what happens, after all baby Eli will be joining us!  Here's hoping my hubby gets a great job too....

1 comments:

Katie said...

Great goals! And I LOVED the Hunger Games trilogy! So good, and they are really quick reads because they're really easy to get into.

Related Posts with Thumbnails