UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Writers Workshop: Cupcakes

I haven't done this in 2 years.  I am very excited to jump back onto the Writers Workshop bandwagon.  As usual the topics weren't the easiest for me to decide from, but I decided to go with one I feel very strongly about...

Cupcakes!

I hate beauty. .. my mom calls me a muffin and my brother a cupcake
Poor little muffin, he's soo much better and he looks so sad here!
Brace yourselves for what I am about to say... I don't like them.  I just don't.  Now to be fair about this I don't like cake either.  When it comes to desserts I would much rather be eating a pie or a cheesecake or cookies or ice cream.  I know that I'm in the minority here, everyone seems to like cupcakes.  There are cupcake businesses popping up everywhere.  There are not one, but multiple shows about cupcakes on the food network, hell, even my cousin has a cupcake business!  I just don't enjoy them!

First let's start with the cake part itself, sometimes it's dry, sometimes its so moist and it falls apart all over the place.  Now, the frosting, you've got to be kidding me right?  Some cupcake makers put so much frosting you can't even get past it when you take a bite.  It gets on your nose, it's soo sweet that it hurts you teeth, and the flavors are gross.  I just do not see the appeal.  It's just a big sticky sweet mess.

I mean they sure can look cute.  Or amazing for some.  Flowers, and animals and themes oh my!  I understand that they are eatable works of art.  I understand it takes skill to get it just right and that the decorations are a way to express yourself.  Some of them are swoon worthy, but delicious?  Not in my book!

Amazing, but how on earth do you eat this??

My kids don't even like them that much.  I mean, they say they do.  Aiden ALWAYS wants gramma to make him cupcakes or to buy some at the bakery section of the store.  Then he eats one or two, licks the frosting off the rest and we are done.  A waste. 

So love me or hate me for my confession, but I am not a cupcake lover. 






6 comments:

Madamdreamweaver said...

Frankly, I don't favor cupcakes either. They're a lot of extra trouble when I could just make a 10 x 13 cake, cut it in 24 and be done with it. And I agree with you on all go gooey, too-much frosting. I don't even like excessive frosting on cakes!

Unknown said...

I do like cupcakes, but totally like your argument against! ;)

KMServino said...

Glad to hear I'm not alone in this.

KMServino said...

Thanks Tina.

KatBouska said...

You're crazy! Part of what makes cupcakes so delicious is that they are so adorable looking...although I'll admit I usually scrape off half the frosting too. ;)

So glad you jumped back in! Welcome back!

Laura said...

I looooooooooove cake! And if I had to choose between a cake and a cupcake, I'd probably choose cake. It's not that I don't like cupcakes, but I prefer to control my own portions. One serving. A HUGE piece of cake. Not 5 cupcakes, and feel odd because you keep going back for more ;)
haha!
But I love pie, too. I love dessert.

Related Posts with Thumbnails