UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

So on Memorial Day we went to the Gorge. It was supposed to be 75 and sunny. We packed ourselves a picnic lunch and took off around 1pm. We tried Multnomah Falls first, the lane to get into the parking lot was backed up 20 cars deep onto the freeway! We then tried a park near the fish hatchery....5 bucks just to park and well, people everywhere once again. So we continued a bit further up the freeway and stopped at Eagle Creek park I think it was. We found an empty picnic table and started to set up lunch!

Needless to say, it wasn't as wonderful as we had expected! It was soo windy and therefore a bit cold too! We had to hold down the lids for the containers while we tried to dish food, had to hold down napkins and the bread bag. The bag we had broke and Kris has to go backtrack and find where our silverware fell out at! After lunch and many laughs at how awful this was we took a walk. There was a guy who caught a "small" sturgeon, it sure looked huge to me! Mom insisted we go to the on site small museum too. It was soo frickin' creepy! They had these weird doll people and I felt like I should have been on an episode of Ghost Hunters!

Afterwards we headed back home. It was an interesting experience, but at least we got out and went somewhere as a family!



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails