UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Saturday, October 3, 2009

I HEART SCRAPBLOG!! **Baby Announcement PREVIEW** No baby yet folks...

I have found a new passion. Scrapblog.com I used it to make my new header (and button), which I'm still tweaking by the way and will be updating with a baby picture soon enough (instead of 2 maternity ones). Also I just learned how to make it bigger, so I'll be making my header fit the entire top of the blog, which excites me. Anyway... LOVE SCRAPBLOG.

I have been thinking lately about a baby announcement. I don't want to just go buy one at the store where you just fill in the blanks. I want one with a picture on it. I started looking online, and well, all the ones I like are like 1.99 ea plus shipping and handling. Well, let's say I get 25 to send to our closest family members that adds up pretty quick, plus postage, and frankly, we are poor and if I'm going to put money into an announcement I want to really LOVE it. So then I thought about doing those machines at Fred Meyer's or Walgreens that make picture cards for you, I've used them in the past to make Christmas Cards. Then it hit me... combine the two and MAKE YOUR OWN!

SOO... I went to my handy dandy SCRAPBLOG.COM and made one I really like. Now I can just save it to that handy little memory stick of mine, take it to the self print photo machine at the store (which I can usually find coupons for so many prints in the weekly ads) and print how many I really need. I think I'll print them to 5X7's, 4x6 seems too small. Only problem is I will need to find envelopes that fit them. Hmm... Oh well, at least if I am going to put some money into something it will be exactly what I want!

Here is a preview. Obviously this isn't my son, and I left blanks to put all the stats in so I can update it and then just save and print after he is born. Oh and the letter's don't appear blurry when i save it, just when I put it here on my blog, so those would be crisp on the real thing. What do you think??

1 comments:

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

Beautiful! I did similar and made my own as well, I will put a pic of it up in my blog in the next day or so. I printed it as a 4x6 and mounted it on cardstock as a trim/backing, I think it gives it a more professional look.
How exaclty did you get the header on your blog? It may sound dumb, but I would love to do something similar! thanks so much! And good luck!
BTW-was any of your Hs family affected by the Typhoon? I hope they are all well, it took 3 days for us to heat that my H's family lost everything but is safe. Thank God

Related Posts with Thumbnails