UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Friday, April 30, 2010

Lane Bryant Bra Commercial Banned by ABC & Fox?!? What do YOU think of it?



Maegan brought this up on her blog and I had to mention it as well.  I was shocked!  Thanks Maegan for bringing this up! 

What do you ladies think?  Personally I am a big Lane Bryant bra fan, I've mentioned that I wear them on here a few times.  I don't think this commercial is as bad as half the ones I've seen on TV for Carl's Jr (ala Kim Kardashion) and other Victoria Secret commercials.  I agree with Maegan - I think this was banned on Fox & ABC due to the size of the model and not the content.  Other products have much more suggestive commercials as well (hello Trojan & Red Bull) so I don't believe it has to do with any sexual reference.  I'm just shocked this is a problem. 

It's really upsetting as a bigger person to not see more support.  I understand all these shows like Biggest Loser and that new Food Revolution show are out there showing people how to be healthier.  I think that is wonderful and I don't support morbid obesity or people who don't even try to be fit.  But being fit doesn't always mean being skinny!  You don't have to support obesity and unhealthy living to be supportive of healthy, fit, heavier set people like the beautiful lady in this ad. 

What do you ladies think?  Should this have been banned? 

2 comments:

D-Listed said...

That is no different than a victorias secret commercial! WTF? I definitely don't think it should have been banned

Ladee Melie said...

I think the fact this woman has REAL boobs that aren't attached to a 13 year old boy's body is what bothers the execs that banned this. Those other models are alien and some how not quite "real" so it's ok. BUT this woman is REAL and she gets a whole other reaction.

Related Posts with Thumbnails