UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Monday, June 15, 2009

Lanterns not a Mobile... YAY!



















Okay so I have been trying to find a sock monkey mobile (the only ones I find are UGLY!) or trying to find a way to make one. I'm not having much luck and have lost excitement over the idea. Well I stumbled upon someone else's blog today with a picture of their nursery. I am BEYOND excited now, because I have the solution! I am going to do Chinese paper lanterns instead of a mobile. I found a website (in case craft stores don't help) where I can get paper lanterns in reds, browns, tans, and cream in sizes from 4 inch to 42 inch! This is perfect. I can do a cluster of like 6 or so above the crib putting them high enough we can still do his name on the wall in the wood letters. With the awesome art idea below for a shadow box.... with little brown monkey's instead of butterflies, this will be perfect!


Oh, and I had another great idea.... we will do his name above the crib, with the lanterns. We will have the monkey shadow box art probably by the wall with the book shelf, and then we can do a mural of scrapbook papers (see pictures I found) above the changing table. I'm thinking 4 big squares would be good for the space, but it depends on the papers I find in brown and red patterns. I also like the mounting scrapbook papers in red and black idea for our main living room art as well since gluing scrapbook paper to a white canvas is super cheap! Wow I'm feeling crafty!


Okay, I'm super excited now. I'm opening this up for comments.... I don't care if people say shit, I am happy and want to hear who read this and also what people think of my current nursery ideas. Oh and I'll add a picture of our bedding to this so you can get an idea of the browns, just add a deep red for the main wall and accents.....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails