UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend Update.

Hmm it has been a pretty mellow weekend. The highlight was today's baby dedication of Aiden. That is a separate post... see below.

Friday we went over to Kris' parents house for just a big, has us some yummy Burger King for dinner. It wouldn't be a trip to Kris' mom's unless we went and bought something for Aiden, he's kinda spoiled like that. I had been mentioning that we need to start saving up for a new carseat because his infant one (we have the Graco travel system) is only good until he is 29inches and last we checked he was around 25! Kris' parents said "let's go to Target" and if you know me you know I would NEVER pass up a Target run! I found a carseat I really liked, it's this one pictured by Graco, and his parents just up and bought it for us. I did NOT intend for that, but his dad said to get it now. I am soo excited. It will hold him rear facing until he is 40lbs and front facing until he is 65lbs! That's awesome, it will save us from getting him a booster seat at all!

Also included in our Target trip were a new toy for Aiden, some clearance bibs, more socks now that I FINALLY found some that stay on his feet (Hanes baby socks 6-12months if you want to know the MIRACLE socks...), a Britta water pitcher, and Kris got a baby carrier. It's much like the expensive ones, but it was only $30 bucks instead of $80. Works like a charm and Aiden loves it just around the house. He isn't one that needs to be held a lot, he liks to be on the floor or his jumperoo, but he certainly did like this! As you can see Kris looks like Dr. Evil and Mini-Me. Aiden and him were watching some figure skating on tv too - Kris had to sit and said "I know what it's like to be pregnant now, I understand why you had to sit down after being on your feet".

Saturday was a day spent with my mom. Kris went and worked on his cars for most the day, 930am-5pm. I went to my momma's. She hadn't seen Aiden much this week because she can't walk up our stairs with her cast. I let her babysit for a couple hours so I could shower and sew a blanket I'd been trying to finish. Then my friend Tiffany and I got together for our usual coffee catch-up date. Once Kris got to mom's we all enjoyed some homemade shrimp pad-thai. I love me some thai food!

Then Sunday other than the dedication our day has been spent cleaning and doing laundry. I did get a call from a good friend of mine who just found out she is pregnant! I was her first non-family call, the news was still like 10 minutes fresh! It was great to hear her excitement, her and her hubby are wonderful people (she was in my wedding) and they will be great parents. PLUS, her baby will only be about 1 year younger than Aiden, yay for new friends! I already am thinking of all the things I can make for her before the baby comes... a set of burp clothes, a boppy cover, one really nice blanket and perhaps a nursing cover. Oh how fun.

That about sums it up, now it's time for a Popsicle.... please excuse me.

2 comments:

crazy4chapstick said...

that looks like the carseat i put on my registry...i put the graco travel system and the myride 65 on my registry.

Iva Messy said...

OMG!! WHAT A CUTIE!!!!! SO SO SO SWEET!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails