UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Thursday, May 20, 2010

My 1st Blogiversary!!



HAPPY 1ST BLOGIVERSARY TO ME!!

Have a treat ladies to help me celebrate!  Doesn't that look good?  I'm drinking coffee and now craving something sweet!  I wanted to do something special to thank of of you for coming along on this journey with me.  I wanted to do my first giveaway, but that idea sort of fell through.  I tried to contact people with etsy shops or small businesses, I put out an announcement on my blog etc.  No luck.  I'm sorry ladies, I just don't have anything crafty to offer you myself.  If anyone is interested in making that a possibility stll please do contact me.

Thank you to all my new readers who have joined me on this journey in the last week.  The D-List blog party has been wonderful!  It has been wonderful getting to know even more great and witty mom's.  If you are new I encourage you to read some of my favorite posts {link on my sidebar} and get to  know me a bit more.  Thank you to those who have been around from teh beginning.  I feel like we are old friends now and some of you I think of more than I think of my non-internet friends!

When I started this blog I did it mostly to "fit in" on thebump.com because all the cool moms had a blog.  Then I quickly realized I had to write for myself or it was just pointless.  That's when the blog took off.  I started documenting my day to day life, keeping everyone up to date on my pregnancy and Aiden growing up.  These days I also use my blog as a form of therapy.  Since having PPD I have learned that sometimes the best support is in written form.  Putting my feelings down helps me understand them better.  The ladies I have met online have been such amazing support.

This blog has also been a way for me to share a different side of myself with my family.  My hubby supports my writing, my mom has always known my desire to write and calls to complain when there is nothing new posted for her to read on her lunch break, my dad was one of my first regular readers.  Most recently my mom-in-love Lita has started reading my blog.  She tells me she is proud of me and that I'm soo smart, I feel special that I can share it with her too.  It's really been a bonding experience with my family that I just didn't expect. 

I hit 100 readers this week and I was soo honored that that many people want to experience my life with me and to follow along on my journey.  In the next year I hope to continue growing readers and finding ways to interact better with all of you.  I hope to help other moms and to share support with those who need it.  So refill your coffee mug, and sit back for what I hope will be another wonderful year.

Thanks again ladies for being around.  You all mean a lot to me, your kind words make me smile everyday.

6 comments:

Pippy said...

Happy Blogiversary!! That's exciting!

Leslie said...

Congratulations on your Blogiversary! Looking forward to another year!

Jennifer said...

Happy Blog-anniversary! I am glad we connected this week via the DList. Seems like your Blog has been very special to you in alot of ways...and that is what it is all about. Looking forward to more.
Jenn

Mama4Real said...

Thank you for your very encouraging words on my last post! I didn't imagine I would inspire anyone!!!

The only problem w/ posting online, is that then it's already out there, for the world to see, so it wouldn't get any action as a book, since it was already online in it's fullness. But we'll see:)

I hope you DO write. Just sit down and let it flow. If it sucks, pitch it and start over! There's no right way or wrong way to create!!!

Moments and Impressions said...

Happy anniversary!

The Shavers Family said...

Congratulations, what a great milestone and I am so happy you are still writing for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails