UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Saturday, January 21, 2012

My name is Kerri & I'm a book hoarder....

So I think it's time to admit I'm starting to have a problem.  I have always been a book reader, I love books of all types.  One year in college I had an hour bus ride each way to campus/work and in 3 months I read 19 Danielle Steel novels.  I was so proud of that, it clearly still makes me proud.

The last 2 years, this will be my 3rd year, I have been doing a reading goal with other stay at home moms.  2010 I completed 26/25. My original goal that year was 12 and I had to up it half way through the year to 25.  Last year I completed 30/30.  My goal again this year is 30.  It was a tight finish in 2011 but with a newborn this year I think 30 is still a good tough goal.  So far in 2012 I have already completed 4 books... I'm on my 5th already in 21 days!!

Well my bookshelf doesn't hold all my books, my mom has probably 5 or 6 of my books on her shelf and today, today I rented 2 more from the library and mom and I went to goodwill and bought more books!  How many more?

This many more....

Plus there is a book for Aiden we bought too that didn't make the picture.  In my defense, the Tom Clancy books were cheap and new for my dad.  The My Sergei is a figure skaters memoir for my brother and the rest are for me to read, and mom to read.  I've read all the Twilight series, but for 2.99 and 3.99 each I got them, now I just need the last one to have the set.  And Memoirs of a Geisha and A Million Little Pieces have been on my to read list for awhile.  So I'm thrilled with my new lot. 

Best part?  We spent $53 on the books and I totaled up the original price, using the ones listed on the book covers themselves, and it was at $205.26!  We saved 150$ on these books.  Woot!  I have a problem, one day there will be a show called "BOOK HOARDERS" and I'll be on it...

1 comments:

Amelia said...

Looks like a good selection! I've read a couple of those, one I've been working on for almost 5 years (my goal is to actually finish it this year...just can't hold my interest) and I see a few I still want to read. This is my first year with a reading goal...I have it set at 30. I'm also on goodreads (learned about it from another blogger I follow) and it's been such an easy way to track what I read! I'm addicted to the library, so that is where I get most of my books - but I'm a previous book hoarder myself (money is tight since I left my FT job in 2010 to be a PT SAHM/PT Licensed Childcare Provider so thank goodness for the library!). Enjoy reading your blog! I don't post as often as the thoughts running through my head that I WANT to post about, but please check out my blog at: http://aitonainen.blogspot.com/

Amy

Related Posts with Thumbnails