UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Sunday, July 26, 2009

I LOVE MY INLAWS

So it has to be said, to the world... That I frickin' LOVE my in-laws. They are awesome. I have always loved them, from the start it was easy to get along with them and I'm the daughter they never had. Well my mom-in-law had seen that my one pair of maternity jeans were really getting tight and well, they aren't supporting the belly very well anymore. They more than did their job for a good 6 months or so. She told my hubs that she was going to take me shopping.

Now I have never gone shopping for clothes with them. They have taken us grocery shopping a few times when we needed some help earlier this year, but that was about it. I felt really guilty going with just my in-laws and me to buy ME clothes. I was nervous about spending too much, or too little and then offending them, I just was plain worried. Of course my hubs said just go and enjoy, so I did.

I should let you know, I love MM clothes, but for shirts at 34.99 a pop it's not exactly budget friendly for us, so my mom and I have been trying to find clothes for me at Target and Kohls. So far we have done really well, but I knew that going to MM would be a bit pricey.

His dad found a bench right outside Motherhood Maternity and dozed off while his mom came in the store with me. Next thing I know I'm in a dressing room with her handing me things over the door, or waiting for me to do "show and tell" and then she'd hand me another shirt or pants to try. I kept telling her this was enough, and I felt bad, and she just kept telling me that it looked nice and I need to get it, would you like it in another color? lol

As we went to check out my mom-in-law told me that she never buys me anything and really this was fine, to just enjoy it. I felt really special to have someone spoil me. I did feel guilty enough that I "left" a shirt in the dressing room, in hopes of keeping the tab down a little bit. Well of course she noticed and said "where is the grey shirt, go get it, you need it!". Now I won't share how much she spent on me, but it was well more than I would EVER spend on myself. I ended up with a bra, a pair of jeans, a pair of khaki capri's, denim shorts, and 4 shirts.

As we walked out she goes "okay, so what store now". Lol I told her none, we were done. Just made me smile. They INSISTED I was hungry and needed to get lunch and then took me to Subway before I went home. Of course as a pregnant lady I was not about to say no to food. And yes, my cold lunch meat sandwich *gasp* was very yummy!

So there you have it, my day with the in-laws. I feel soo lucky that I love mine. I have heard that a lot of people find their in-laws annoying or pushy or rude, or just don't like them. This is true in my family, my mom didn't like her in-laws when she was married, and there are other examples I know of too. I just love not having any complaints about mine! (well, other than the thick accent I'm still learning to understand, but now I almost ALWAYS know what they said or meant lol)

4 comments:

Care said...

That's awesome! Sounds like a great day. I lived off of Subway while I was pregnant and my baby turned out A-OK.

I'm Jamie said...

How sweet! Trust me, take the "doting on you" time now, while you can. Once that baby is here, mom and mother-in-law alike will solely be spoiling him:)

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Enjoy receiving as well as giving. Some day, it may be YOU giving to your in-laws.

And soon, you'll be giving them a grandson - how awesome is that?

Grandchildren are the greatest gifts of all!

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

Enjoy your new clothes!!!! AND your cold cut sandwich....I know I loved my daily can of *gasp* COKE and my baby came out just as healthy as the babies of the self appointed pregnancy police.

**Grin**
:D
-Michelle
DomesticationOfTheSingleGirl.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails