UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Friday, September 24, 2010

A hodge-podge post.

 


So I haven't really updated my blog this week.  I'm not sure why... perhaps I'm lazy, perhaps I've been a bit occupied, just not sure.  I'll give you a little run down and include random pictures through the post for you to enjoy!

On Monday it was my mom's birthday!  Tuesday I made her a cake and we went and had dinner with her.  It was really yummy.  It would have been nice if my brother was here to help us celebrate, but he made the extra effort to make my mom feel special.  Plus I set up Skype for her {Kris and I got her a netbook since Brock took the computer to college} so that she could see Brock.  Their first "skype" talk was on her birthday!

On Wednesday I went to my 2nd Therapy appointment.  I really like my therapist.  She has been reading a book called "Parenting From The Inside Out" and it's been very interesting.  At times boring, but it has also opened my eyes a bit.  It talks about how the way you were raised and the experiences you had will mold you into the parent that you are.  That seems pretty obvious, I mean how often do you do things that your parents did with you?  A lot.  Or I guess we also try NOT to be our parents...

Anyway, this week I realized that maybe my real dad {a situation which one day I may blog about} is really more good than harm to me.  I mean I am thankful that I met him, it really clarified who he was and why I didn't want that in my life.  It also is helping me to grow as a parent.  My therapist was saying that I am learning to be more flexible and change as Aiden grows up and working on our relationship which is something my real dad doesn't know how to do.  He didn't care about anyone else's feelings or the wake he left us in, and I care.  I am different.  Stronger.  Better.   I care about how what I do will make Aiden feel.  I also make my family and my husband my priority and making seeking help for myself I am strengthening my family. 

When I leave therapy I feel clear headed.  Exhausted.  Relief.  I feel like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.  I get this "aha" moment that gets me a little further each week.  I am glad I decided to talk to someone.  I am learning that I am not as much "depressed" as I am anxious.  I need to work on that and she is helping me.  I've even been sleeping better {sometimes...}. 

Lastly, this week I got more cloth diapers!  Yay!  My dad gave me some money to buy more for Aiden and I got a great deal and got 8 new diapers!  6 more BumGenius One Size pockets {3.0's} and 2 FizziBuns to try out.  Also I have hinted that I will be doing a giveaway soon, and that is thanks to GreenerBaby who sent me a few diapers too!  Look for that the week of Aiden's birthday {Oct. 2-9th}. 

Oh and today my hubby went to Target to get more formula and he came home with the new Maroon 5 cd just for me!  Oh I love that man, I love the cd too!

2 comments:

Care said...

Hmm, whats the backstory on your Dad? Sounds like you have come to a good place emotionally with all that. Thats sweet that your hubby got you cd's. Good hubby!

An Imperfect Momma said...

I'm glad that you are getting so much out of therapy :o). What a good hubby too for getting you that CD. I love when my hubby brings home surprises for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails