UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Friday, October 22, 2010

Let's talk about "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"....

Okay so I have heard soo much hoopla about this book.  How wonderful it is, everyone is reading it and talking about it.  It's going to be a movie...but umm I am 85 pages in and I still am not hooked.  I am going to keep reading, because it seems like the good stuff might be just around the corner, but am I missing something?  I even saw some man reading the 2nd book at Red Robin the other day and was almost jealous he couldn't seem to put it down. 

Did you get hooked right away or did it take you a good 100 pages to get sucked in?  Will it pick up it's pace soon?  I feel like I have gotten a lot of boring details so far.  Please tell me that I will still love this book, I'm feeling sad that I don't see the big deal yet. 

I hope this doesn't turn into Eat, Pray, Love for me - I couldn't even finish that darn book it was soo awful for me.  *sigh*

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have heard the same thing from several friends. Hince, why I have yet to try to read it. If I am not hooked within the 1st chapter, see ya. I can't "get through" a book. The past 2 books, I loved and could NOT put down. The Hunger Games & The Art of Racing in the Rain. Both fantab!

MrsJCH said...

It took a while for me to get "hooked". Once I was though, wowza. The 2nd and 3rd ones are faster paced bc you already have a lot of the background on the characters.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I couldn't stand "Eat, Pray Love" - just words by a woman who seemed selfish.

And in my online book group, there are two Dragon Tattoo camps - they either love it, or they hate it.

I bought it, gave up earlier in it than you have...it was boring to me.

I'm Jamie said...

I think everyone I know has read this... but I haven't had the urge... yet ;)

Keep us posted with your thoughts... in other words, let me know if it gets good or if I should skip it altogether! HA!

Ladee Melie said...

I love to read and neither of these books are ones I'd recommend. Eat Pray Love was bleh...full of nonsense and crap. The other was meh...never did hook me in and I never read the others.

Related Posts with Thumbnails