UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Barbie Goes {Lady} Gaga?

I saw this this morning on People.com.  I was a bit shocked to see the EW.com has turned Barbie umm, into a bad girl.  I'm really not sure how to feel about this.  I mean I think Lady Gaga is a bit on the eccentric side but she does have some catchy songs.  Her fashion just doesn't make any sense to me and I don't see why we should be taking someone like Barbie who is a CHILDHOOD staple for little girls and turning her into Lady Gaga. 

Wouldn't having her dress up as famous women role models like Jackie O., Amelia Erhart and Maya Angelou be better?  Or hell if you are going for entertainment value why not Betty White?  I mean who wouldn't love a Betty White Barbie?  What's next a Lindsay Lohan Barbie complete with a alcohol monitoring anklet?

If you haven't seen the pictures for yourself, allow me to share a few with you, you will see what I mean.  I think it makes Barbie a tad bit overdone for kids, hope there are no little girls out there dreaming of owning crime scene tape {masturbating?} Barbie! 




{All Photos and the article itself can be found HERE}


Post was inspired by Mama Kat's weekly writing prompts - I picked 5.) Bold.
Join in here:
Mama's Losin' It

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This terrifies me. And I would buy a Betty White Barbie. You should make that suggestion!

Related Posts with Thumbnails