UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Eli update

I'm 29 weeks now.  Only 10 more weeks to go.  We got to set our repeat c-section date last week, we picked February 15, 2012.  So 2.15.12.  Not bad, but I am still secretly hoping my water breaks and he decides to come on 2.12.12.  A girl can dream can't she?

I've started to gain a bit more weight, I'm still only up a total of 11lbs in 7 months.  Kris' family all said at Thanksgiving that I look "small" this time.  I guess that's a good thing, I do feel like I'm a bit smaller even though I'm at a heavier weight.

26 weeks pic - new one next week
I failed my 1 hour Glucose test, so yesterday I took the 3 hour test.  Everyone complains about it, but frankly it was a nice break for me.  They put me in a room with a black reclining rocker and dim lights and told me to just read or sleep the time away.  Didn't have to tell me twice, I enjoyed 3 hours of quiet time!  I hope I passed, but if I failed then we will deal with it.  Either way, just having to deal with this has really given me a kick in the butt.  After Eli is born I really need to get back on WW and lose the weight.  Like seriously lose weight, I have 100lbs I can easily lose, 115 would be a nice touch though, that would put me at about 155.  So yeah you will all need to really motivate me.  I need to be a better size so I have energy to keep up with my boys!

I'm still feeling pretty good, most days.  Some days I'm a lot more uncomfortable, but that's to be expected at this point.  I have been having some insomnia though, so I have no moved on from Tylenol PM to trying Unisom.  It does seem to help a lot to get me to fall asleep.  Eli is a very active little guy, Aiden felt him kick the other day.  His face was priceless, he kept telling daddy "mommy's baby felt hand" aka I felt mommy's baby on my hand.  He also kept telling Kris to touch my tummy to feel baby.  It was a very sweet moment.

5 comments:

KendasCrafts said...

I just took my one-hour glucose test this morning. yuck, yuck, yuck. Crossing my fingers I don't have to do the 3-hr test. I almost failed the 1-hr test with my son, so hoping I pass again. Hope your test results are good!

Mom Hearts Pinot said...

I tried to pick my daughter's birthday as 9/9/09, but they wouldn't let me :-P haha I was practically arguing with the nurse scheduler about it, too. She ended up with a 9/11 birthday, which, while sad, at least it's one people can't help but remember! Now this baby is due May 9, and I'll have another C-section, and I don't care what the date is as long as it's not on mother's day! I just want to enjoy that day without being cut open!

Aimee said...

Ooh, third trimester! Crossing my fingers the test is negative. Wow, I'm having flashbacks here. (Our boys are 11 & 8.)

I hear you on the weight loss. I finally got my rear in gear and am 83 pounds toward my 120-pound loss. It's slow going, but worth every minute. 155 is my eventual goal, too, but people tell me I'll want to go even lower. I guess we'll see! Anyway, this has turned into all about me -- the point is, you CAN do it! Later. ;)

Moments and Impressions said...

Oh hoping your test is negative and you are looking cute and all happy pregnant. I love the 2nd - beginning of the third trimester. It is the best.

gretchen said...

Good luck with the glucose test - ergh. I went on WW after I had my son, and it worked SO well! But no need to worry about it now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails