UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Eli and his Great grandparents

If you have been a long time blog follower of mine you know that my granny has severe Alzheimer's.  She's been sick for many years but every time we brought Aiden around she perked up and seemed to be herself again.  She loved babies and kids and she always would talk baby talk to Aiden and try and hold him.  I feel soo lucky that she is still here and can experience her second great grandson.  My papa lives in the same facility, but in the apartments area.  We took Eli to visit them when he was just a few days old. 

As soon as my granny saw him she lit up.  She smiled and talked baby talk.  She said "Me and Kerm {my papa's name is Kermit} always wanted one of these - thank you".  She even tried to kiss Eli unprompted.  It was the most wonderful reaction.  She may not always know who we are, but when a baby is around she comes back to us.  I feel lucky that even though my boys may never really know her, they can look back and see how special they were to her. 

And of course my papa just adores his great grandsons.  He just loves telling all the nurses and his friends about them. 



Emma - the Filipino nurse who adores us

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails