UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Quilt idea I don't want to forget....

Okay I have had a quilt idea running through my head and with lack of sleep going on I don't want to risk forgetting what I want to accomplish.  So here it is, more for myself than others, but enjoy....


Scrap Attack Quilt-Along at Stitched In Color.


Fresh Lemons - Source
I just as of yesterday decided to try and get a mini scrap quilt done and join this QAL.  I've been seeing the posts for awhile now but wasn't motivated.  Until I saw this quilt that is...

I decided on this Summerlove Stripe quilt idea, from Fresh Lemons, using string blocks and hst's.  I plan to use up my sugar pop fabric with white for the solid.  I have a lot of scraps leftover from my first big quilt I made.  Most of them are rectangles though, so I'm not sure it will work out like I hope.  I also have a lot of Amy Butler scraps from Love & Soul Blossoms and that will work for a string quilt if the Sugar Pop doesn't work out.

sugar pop

If the Sugar Pop doesn't work out for this scrap quilt then I will use them for another scrap project... perhaps a simple quilt like this plus quilt.  Looks like it will work with what i have.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails