UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Friday, March 23, 2012

Life Update

Well life has sure kept me busy and away from the blog lately.  I thought life with two boys would be really tough, but we are finally in the swing of things and I'm surprised how easily I'm adjusting.  Both boys sleep in our queen size bed.  I hold Eli on my arm and Aiden sleeps in the middle.  It's not the ideal situation for us, but Eli won't let us lay him down.

Eli has had a total of 4 casts now, he has his heel cord surgery on Monday, as in 2 days from now!  I can't believe how fast we are to this point.  His Dr. seems impressed with his progress.  The surgery should be quick and he will get to go home the same day.   Surprisingly i'm not too worried about it.  To me it's more difficult thinking about how this is the final step to his feet being completely corrected.  I miss his little club feet soo much all the time.  It's hard to me to think he is changed and will never look like the baby I gave birth too.  I hope that makes sense.


Aiden has taken to Eli or "E-I" as it sounds when he says it.  He loves on him all the time, he tries to play with him.  He holds his hands and he always talks to him when I'm changing his diaper.  He gives him his binki when he cries and for the most part is doing a great job with sharing.  I've been overcome with pride watching him interact to him.  He even tries to carry the car seat or hold Eli.  He says "too heavy" after he holds him for a minute though.

Eli had a rough week last week.  He was fussy and he was having trouble eating.  We tried gas meds, gripe water, Gentlease formula, finally noticed a difference on Nutramigen formula {for colic} and starting him on baby Zantac.  The pediatrician diagnosed him with Acid Reflux and mild Colic.  The formula and medicine combined have really made a difference.  He is sleeping better and longer, he is spitting up less and not crying through feedings.  Such a relief to have found a solution that works.  The pediatrician said after the Zantac has really started making a bigger difference we can try to switch back to regular formula.  We think the Colic is partially because of the Acid Reflux and that discomfort.

drawing on Eli's casts

In other news I have a job interview tomorrow.  It's a part time job, about 15 hrs a week which would be a nice distraction for me.  I also have been sewing and selling more aromatherapy rice packs.  I'm even in the process of opening an etsy shop to make some extra income.  So look forward to more information on all of that as it falls into place. 

Me - I forgot I can look this good - and used to daily before kids!  Taken 3/22

2 comments:

Moments and Impressions said...

Lots of exciting things going on! Looking good!

KendasCrafts said...

Glad to hear you are getting into the swing of things and are getting used to the 'new' normal. Looove the picture of Aiden drawing on Eli's casts. So cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails