UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Sunday, May 8, 2011

What makes me a mother... my c-section scar!

I am sure that a lot of you have heard of the online project and books called "PostSecret".  I have been a follower since the start and own all the books, go to the website every Sunday for new secrets etc.  A lot of them speak to me, some make me laugh, some make me realize my own secrets.

This week is Mother's Day secrets and this secret below made me sad/angry/realize another of my own secrets.  It made me sad that someone called a c-section scar "NASTY"....



Here is my secret:  MY C-SECTION SCAR MAKES ME FEEL BEAUTIFUL.

Let me explain.  My scar is like a reminder everyday that I am a mother.  The sacrifice to my own body in order to bring a healthy boy into my family.  Sure there is a spot that is still a bit numb, and my scar is still dark enough to be seen a bit, but it's my scar and I love it. 

Some of you may complain every time you find a stretch mark too, and I hate reading pregnancy updates saying "Oh i found A stretch mark" - I have a 100, seriously, my stomach, thighs, breasts {and yes I put lotion on everyday I was pregnant for those who think that helps...} and everyone of them is a reminder of the beauty that is given to us by God to grow a life inside of us.

I love my scars, they make me a woman, they make me a Mother.  Something I am proud to be, especially today.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails