UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Thursday, December 3, 2009

To the inventor of the heating pad...

I Love You. Seriously, I do. I don't know who you are (although some googling could find me that answer I'm sure...) but you have just made my day. Aiden has not been napping the last 2-3 days. I mean, he will sleep for 30 minutes and then wake up and be wide awake. Then he will get cranky because he really IS tired, but he won't sleep! Also we have taken a big step back at nighttime. Instead of sleeping 5-8hrs at a time, IN HIS OWN BED, he won't sleep unless we hold him. So 2 nights ago we had him in our bed with us again. Then last night it turned into taking sleeping shifts with him in the rocking chair - back to week 2 home for us. Yippie.

SOO... this morning Kris put the heating pad under Aiden's crib sheet (with the cord sticking out the foot not near him at all) and turned it on low. I rocked Aiden to sleep and then carefully placed him on the heating pad - IT WORKED. He has now been sleeping for 2hr and 15 minutes...and still going. I'm sure he'll wake up soon because I know he will be hungry again, but it's been wonderful. Perhaps if we get him napping again during the day nighttime will be better for us. Sleep begets sleep right??

Oh and yes we turned it off, but I'll be honest, it was only because he pees A LOT (we have to use Baby Dry diapers at bedtime) and he isn't in his nighttime diapers and I got worried of him leaking through and you know, that'd be a REALLY bad mom moment..... anyway, he is ASLEEP and it's all thanks to the inventor of the heating pad! Cheers to you sir!

2 comments:

I'm Jamie said...

Okay, seriously, we did almost the exact same thing the other night!!!
We have an organic cotton, oatmeal-filled heating pad which I LIVED with while I was pregnant (I sat on it to help my hips ;) The other night Jackson fell asleep in our bed and I was worried moving him into his crib would wake him... I figured the warmth of the pad (accompanied with the fact that it smells like me) might help the transition... he snuggled up to it and it worked like a charm ALL NIGHT LONG!!

Praise the Lord for heating pads and sleeping babies!! (oh, and inventors, too ;)

Ashley said...

I never would have thought of that!! I will keep that tip tucked in my brain for when I have a wee little one!! :)
Thanks for sharing!

Sorry about the private scare! If I EVER do have to go private- Like, if my work people find out, I will def make sure you get invited to read! :)
I know I put a lot of stuff out there on my blog but I like to know who is reading. I am fine with my close friends and then all you strangers (Which makes NO SENSE at all!) haha, but I do not want my workmates and bosses, etc, KNOWING much about my personal life...and if they ever found this site...that would FREAK ME OUT!

So, I think I am clear for now! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails