UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Monday, February 8, 2010

Are YOU a Lawn Magician??

Now I don't post this to offend anyone who fits this job title.  I am mearly posting this because it gave me a much needed laugh when I was looking for my weekly jobs on craigslist.  You see a lot of receptionist, assistant, landscaper, technician - you know call it like it is job titles.  Nothing too surprising when you read what the job entails...but this job title really made my day.  This person sure was showing some creativity when they wrote this post and are clearly looking for someone else who shares their passion.  I am not a lawn magician so I clearly need not apply.  Read on for a very spirited job opportunity...

Flower Bed Technician.  

Flower bed technician/lawn magician needed ASAP for approx 20/hours/week at private residence outside Sherwood. Must know differences between perennials and annuals, how to care for and propagate, deadhead, prune, feed, basic TLC of all blooming things. Weeds need to be killed on sight, but my infant pansies, mums, snap-dragons, forget-me-nots, etc., must not be harmed. As for the lawn, it's almost beyond hope, but I'm not quite ready to tear it out and start over.
Job also requires daily fish-pond maintenance, but I can teach you that.

Everything is sprinklered except the large planters, which will need regular watering when the rains go away, and if you happen to have knowledge of sprinkler systems, that's terrific. There are also plenty of other chores on this 80 acre farm for someone who already knows what to do. We have 2 large dogs, 5 indoor/outdoor cats, ducks, chickens, and teenagers, so if you're not an animal person please don't apply.

My other favorite job listing of the week was one big long run on paragraph description full of comas and at the end the person said "must be able to write complete sentences". It was for an assistant of some kind, but I thought it was really amusing too.



Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails