UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Slap Chop - yay or nay?

So my wonderful hubs got me a Slap Chop for Valentine's Day.  It was something I had said I wanted everytime I saw it on tv!  It was a great surprise when he gave it to me.  I tried to put it to use, tried being the key word here, and make homemade fresh salsa! 

Well, let me tell you how it went down.  I went for the onion first, it didn't go as smoothly as they make it seem on the tv ads.  The chunks of onion kept getting stuck in the zig zag blade and I kept having to stop and pound the chunks out in order to keep chopping.  And let me tell you that took me twice as long to chop them.  I also had to push the knob down very hard, nothing at all like it appears on the info-mercials.  Oh and the pieces didn't get super small like I wanted so I still took a knife to them.

Next was the jalepeno's, that went well because they were small already, not much to chop, and they weren't hard.  Then it was the tomatoes... that was an adventure.  It didn't cut through the skin much, it just smushed it all up.  I had to use my fingers when I put them into the bowl and make sure the chunks weren't too big - but well, it was all smushed tomatoes, not nice diced chunks.  Lastly was the cilantro - I think it was too thin to chop, it just kinda flattened it all and again I used my knife to finish the job.

Overall I can see where this will come in handy for some items, but I will not be using it for items like onions and potatos.  It will just take more time than it's worth.  I did use it to dice pickles for my tuna the other day, it worked for that pretty good.  All in all it was decent, but sort of a disappointment.  At least I have my ped-egg, that was a Christmas gift from the hubs too, but it actually works like a charm.  I heart my As Seen On Tv items!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails