UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Poopy Pants Nap

Well, Sir Aiden is fighting naps for mommy lately.  Daddy seems to have the magic touch.  He can take him from me hold him for 2 minutes, he'll be asleep and then he can lay him down without him waking up at all.  Almost everytime.  At night mommy can lay him down and he stays asleep.  Today I had him to sleep not once, but twice, and I laid him down and within a minute he was stirring and didn't stay asleep more than 20 minutes.  *sigh*

We are going to be trying to sleep train soon enough, we are doing okay at night though for now (we are thinking 6 months in order to get him to sleep in his crib and to sleep without being rocked).  He sleeps well in our bed but his sleeping 6+ hours in his own bed (the PNP) went out the window weeks ago.  Kris came up with a wonderful solution.  Kris took our 2 inch thick, $200 memory foam pad that is on our bed...and cut it!  Oh the horror!  lol  He cut a big square on the foot on his side of the bed and then put it on Aiden's PNP bassinet part and then put his normal flannel blanket on top of the pad.  The last 2 nights he has slept about 5 hours or so without waking up.  We are finally getting back on track!  What a solution, the hubs is wonderful!

Back to the naps thing, he just won't let me put him down for a nap, half the time it works well and he sleeps for a great nap, the rest of the time he wakes up right away.  So today we had 2 failed attempts and mommy putting Aiden down once he was asleep.  Then after his oatmeal and his squash I heard him farting and knew he was pooping.  He normally gets put in his crib for his poop time, so I laid in him the crib on his back, turned his mobile on and said "have fun".  After a while we normally hear him playing and know he is ready to be changed.  It was quiet for a long time... I got worried.  I pranced in expecting to change his poopy diaper - he was ASLEEP!  The kid just got tired, and fell asleep on his own!  Of course he is in his big boy crib (not the PNP by my bed) too which makes mommy super happy! 

So now I sit, blogging, and watching The Blind Side online, happy Aiden is napping and that he put himself to sleep, but knowing poor little guy has a poopy diaper!  At least he rolled himself over and was on his tummy so it won't get smashed up on his sweet little bum. 

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails