UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Davinci Code: Book Review

So I finally finished my 2nd book for the year.  If you recall I'm on a mission to read 12 for the year, roughly 1 a month.   Book 2 took a while, but I am here to tell you about it. 

Dan Brown really does a great job writing.  It took me a while to get sucked in, I think it was because I had seen the movie soo many times that I was just not excited about the book.  I stuck to it though and once I got into it I really liked the book better than the movie.  Usually I read a book before I read the movie, I like to compare it that way.  However, it was kinda fun to read the book after the movie this time.  The book has a lot of differences, some small and some huge changes.  I understand the reason some peices were left out, it would be a much longer movie otherwise.  There was one big change that I liked better though - stop reading if you don't want a spoiler - I liked that in the book Sophie's brother lived instead of dying in the car crash.  I liked how Dan Brown had the grandma raising the boy and he explained how the 2 grandparents were the ones Sophie saw in the "sex scene" when she snuck in on the Priory ceremony.  It made much more sense to me than for her to be alone in the world at the end of the book.  Also, at the end of the book she is hitting on Langdon and they set up a date - but in the movie it would have been better if she flirted with Langdon - I mean hello - she was left to carry on the bloodline. 

Anyway, overall I really enjoyed the book once I got going into it.  I'd certainly suggest it, but I still am torn whether I'd suggest reading the book first or seeing the movie first - you decide!

1 comments:

Booklover said...

Very well written review. I'm borrowing this to report it at Book Reviews with due credits :)

Also, I'm inviting you to join Book Reviews as a reviewer. Do drop me a line at bookreviews@bookrack.in and I'll send you an invite.

Cheers
Booklover

Related Posts with Thumbnails