UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Let's Tweet shall we?

Let's talk about twitter shall we.  I joined Twitter awhile ago but I'm still not exactly "in the know" with it.  I mean sometimes I remember to update with a random thought or comment.  It usually is when I am updating my facebook status from my phone too.  So I don't really know if I should even say I tweet. 
 
I understand that Twitter is a great resource for celebs.  I mean hello, celebs like to have "followers".  They have a fan base like no ordinary person does and they want a way to keep in touch with them.  I think some celebs just like feeling popular, can you say Lindsay Lohan, but I think a lot of them really like having a safe way to communicate with their supporters.  I think the ones who post "having dinner @...." are just begging for stalkers and papparazi to come find them, but that is their own choice.  I guess I just feel that Twitter was kinda made for celebs to use.  They can show support for causes and get people involved like Ellen does.  She does giveaways and encourages her fans to have fun.  It's great.
 
I just don't get how Twitter benefits most everyday kinda people though.  Like me.  I am a stay at home mom with more blog friends than real friends.  I mean, I have a handful of close friends I love and keep in touch with, and well, that's it.  None of my close friends tweet, and even if they did, they wouldn't be tweeting to inform me that they are going to sushi for lunch.  They'd just text me.  Don't people tend to overshare on Twitter too?  Isn't that supposed to be the thing to do?  Should I really update my Twitter with "I'm going pee right now", is that what it's for?  Maybe it's just me, but I typically don't take my phone with me to the restroom.  I don't feel like I have random tidbits of knowledge to share, and while I'm at it, I don't have a lot of people on Twitter to share my tidbits with! 
 
So here are my real questions....
 
How do you tweet?  How do you link up your blogs to Twitter?  I have my handy little Twitter update right there on the side of this post, but well, it doesn't really generate traffic or anything.  I've tried to upload a picture from my phone to Twitter but it's a big fail.  Maybe it's my phone, I have a blackberry pearl, shouldn't it work?  Do you follow mostly friends you know, or do you tweet with strangers and celebs?  Do you have all tweets sent to your phone?  Personally I have incoming tweets turned off on my phone, the constant texts would drive me crazy.  Maybe I am behind in the trend because I only check those things when I get online.  Someone help - how am I supposed to be tweeting?  What can Twitter do for my blog?

3 comments:

MrsBro... said...

I can't follow you on twitter, for some reason the link brings me to http://twitter.com/YourLink. But that isn't you?

I use it to pretty much gab with my friends online while at work.

I have ubertwitter on my bberry and can't figure out the whole loading a picture thing either :(

Ashley said...

I DONT HAVE twitter. Mainly because I do not need ONE MORE THING to distract me. Email. FB and blogs are ENOUGH. BUT, my hair dresser had Twitter on her phone and was reading all the celeb updates and I was like WOW! That made me want to open an account. Just to follow the celebs! ha. I wouldnt write much though. It does seem quite neat! :)

Anonymous said...

Sooooo this has nothing to do with twitter, as I don't use it, BUT...once upon a time, back when you were pregnant, I had a blog and I used to follow you, and I got rid of my blog because life got crazy...but I got a new blog a couple months ago and I just found you again! How exciting :) Your baby boy is so handsome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails