UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Writer's Workshop

5.) How has social media changed you?


 
It has only changed me for the better.  I could tell you all about my previous obsession with myspace, or how I currently check facebook 5 times a day.  I tried tweeting once, but it just wasn't for me.  My blog though, my blog is the best social media I could have ever asked for.
 
My blog offers me a chance to document all the important things in my life.  Like when Aiden was born, I shared it online for all the world to see.  I was able to type up my birth story while it was still fresh in my mind for him to read one day.  I have been able to share his growth with everyone, and in the same respect watch my online friends' children grow up too!
 
Most importantly though, my blog has given me support and encouragement.  When I first started struggling with PPD and PPA there was a whole community of ladies who loved me and offered me help and prayers.  It worked, I felt that by sharing my story and stress maybe I could be helpful to someone else.  I felt overwhelmed by the out pour of strangers who genuinely cared.
 
Lately I have been feeling extremely blessed again.  There have been some tough things going on in my life/marriage and after months of keeping it all in I shared it with my online friends.  I don't know why I didn't sooner, because instead of people judging me/us/my husband, I have received a ton of emails and comments telling me they are thinking of me, don't give up, prayers are sent my way.  I haven't been to church regularly, but in times of need my blog seems be like a church family, lifting me up and holding my hand.  I couldn't have asked for better. 
 
Inspired by Mama Kat's Prompts.  Join in here...
Mama's Losin' It
 
PS - if you are new to my blog you can read the last few posts I've written HERE and HERE to get a short update on things that are troubling me. 

4 comments:

Bees With Honey said...

I love blogging too! It's the best. Stopping by via Mama Kat's!

Ashley said...

Twitter was too hard for me too! Blogging is the best social media I think! I am going to read your other posts too! Glad to hear things are going better for you! :)

Anonymous said...

I love blogging - I feel the same way, I've gained friends who are there for me with an encouraging word, or thought when I need it.

I'm sorry you are going through a tough time - and I hope things get better for you and your family.

Carri said...

Blogging is great therapy, isn't it? :) Cute blog!
Visiting from Mama Kat's!

Related Posts with Thumbnails