UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

31 Weeks!

Yep, 9 weeks until our OFFICIAL due date. Once again though the Dr. said something about "this baby needs to be out by the 9th, so we may induce!" Yay. And for those of you who are against induction just remember, my body, my dr., my baby, and I won't do anything that would risk my child. So really, I like thinking i'm down to 8 weeks, I gotta make sure I am ready for his arrival! Pics later in the week as usual folks.

Maternity Clothes: Oh you know it.
Stretch Marks: Yeah, they are still growing, nothing new to me.
Total Weight: Oh my GOODNESS. So I'll start by saying my nurse and dr. are totally fine with my weight gain and both have said I'm totally healthy and having a great pregnancy, HOWEVER, in 2 weeks I gained 9lbs! I was shocked. Even yesterday I took a 1.5hr walk around the mall, I went swimming last week, my appetite is small because of the heat lately and because well, I have no room in my stomach for food anyway! Other than my 2 medium blizzards in the last 2 weeks I haven't even been eating junk. Anyway, like I said the dr. didn't even say anything and my nurse was saying she thinks some of that is water weight because i've been swollen in this heat, she said that the baby probably gained too AND if I've been walking it could be muscle or even the muscles that hold my uterus up. Point is... *sigh* total weight gain is now 39lbs!
Aiden's Measurements: Oh little boy is growing away! He is about 3.5-3.8lbs and about 17.5-18inches! I can't believe it.
Sleep: Well it's not been too bad this week. I shouldn't complain I know it could be worse.
Movement: Yep, he's moving. Earlier this week it felt like he was giving me a massage from the inside. It wasn't kicks or hiccups, it was like a rolling ball it was nice. Also you know how people (my hubs especially) shake their legs when they sit down and it tends to shake the entire seat or car or bench? Well I hate that, and I swear to you that Aiden was shaking his little feet on me. It made me laugh, he is going to be SOO much like his daddy.
Cravings: None really. I went on a Chocolate Explosion Blizzard made with swirl soft serve at DQ earlier but after 2 I am over that. Root Beer is back with a vengeance though.
Belly Button: I'm starting to think it just may stay in. No change in sight.
What I miss: Being able to breathe well. I seem to be out of breath very quickly these days which I know is normal but it sucks.
What I look forward to: Umm, RENO hello! We are leaving in like 5 days now. I'm super excited, but a bit nervous about the long drive. Anyone taken a 10hr drive while 8 months pregnant to the desert? What should I bring? A pillow? Take Tylenol before we get on the road? I have a book and snacks and drinks and pee/walk breaks planned already.
Highlights: Well we painted the nursery wall with a 2nd coat, it looks great. I am in the process of painting Aiden's name letters for the wall. Hope to finish them tomorrow. I finished a nursing cover. We got our stroller/carseat and we should have our changer/dresser on Thursday!! Lots going on in the baby/nesting front and I'm thrilled about it.

2 comments:

Lift Like A Mom said...

Yeah! Getting close. I'm being induced also and my neighbor tried to sit there and tell my husband how horrible that is. His response was that we go to a DOCTOR and if she feels it's good, then it's good. Besides, I think this woman is about 70 years old so a little old school :) I'm with ya on the weight gain. I feel like Shamu. All in due time! We can start a lose the baby weight thing together! haha :)

I'm Jamie said...

I love this idea, of keeping track of the same topics monthly (or however often)... something I'll try to remember the next time around ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails