UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Monday, January 11, 2010

Awards. That's right - plural, I got TWO! TONS of nominations inside...




1) Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
This was from Ashley over at Kiwis & Cocktails - she gave it to everyone, but well, I will take it!
2) Copy the award & place it on your blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
Did that in step 1...
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.

  1. I hate, Hate, HATE wet hairs on me in the shower. I seriously spend half my shower every day, or every other day now, taking the wet hairs off me. I can feel them instantly and they drive me insane!
  2. I like candles, but I never lite them. Not sure why, I have them on the coffee table, fireplace mantel, window ledge, kitchen etc, yet I always forget to lite them.
  3. Root Beer is my favorite pop - especially ice cold Barq's
  4. I'm a neat freak, but I'm too lazy to keep things clean. So instead I have a freak out every few days about how messy the place is. *sigh*
  5. I love a good deal. I love finding clothes on sale and I currently have 60 jars of baby food for my son, who doesn't even start solids for another month. What can I say - they were 3 for $1!
  6. The only wine I enjoy is the fruity Arbor Mist kind. Sad I know, but it's just soo darn yummy, and like $4 a bottle.
  7. I eat a piece of chocolate everyday. I clearly am NOT on track for losing this baby weight. Whoops!

5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
I'm going to be lame here - it seems to be a trend lately. I'm too busy to go pick people and then link them and then tell them - I have a baby on my hip right now people... SO... If you read my blog, don't have this award yet, and leave me a COMMENT on THIS post... the award is yours! Small price to pay isn't it??
6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate


So here are the rules.
1. Get nominated.

I got nominated for this award by Alisha (&Matt) over at A Day In The Life of Okie Rednecks!
2. Tag 7 other totally awesome bloggers.
Again I'm gonna cheat on this one - if you read my blog and leave me a comment on THIS post... you get the award! Simple. If you haven't had this award yet please take it, just pass it on!
3. Tell TEN completely honest facts about yourself in your blog.


  1. I don't shower every day - mostly because of that annoying wet hair thing... lol
  2. I don't know how to cut a lot of different fruits (pineapples, mangos, cantaloupe) even though I love them. I also make Kris peel all my oranges, I hate the stuff under my nails - I tell him I don't know how to peel them, whoops...
  3. My hubby kicks my ass in Monopoly EVERY TIME we play, yet I secretly love it, and I feel really bad the few times I get ahead in the game.
  4. I'm still behind in making my aprons for friends for Christmas - they know I'm working on them though, oh well.
  5. I have a ped egg - and love it.
  6. My son had his first big poop up the back today. We hadn't changed him in 2 hours, which is never a problem, but clearly today was a bad day. I couldn't help but laugh but I kept telling him I was sorry I didn't notice sooner - we are sick in this house and have no sense of smell!
  7. I was afraid of pooping during delivery - this was all talked about before on my blog - and I made a joke during my emergency c-section about how at least now I won't poop and never will during labor the rest of my life. It still makes me giggle, and very happy!
  8. I hate watching MonterQuest on tv with my hubby, we have watched a crap-ton of it lately - I don't believe in Aliens, Lake Monsters or Big Foot... bleh.
  9. I hung up a big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" banner above our sliding door in August for Kris' bday - it's still hanging up today. We used the excuse it stayed up for my bday this month, but that's a load of crap and well, it will probably stay up until his bday now lol.
  10. I have sock monkey slippers and am wearing them now.

2 comments:

Okie Rednecks said...

I am so glad that you were able to do this! It was great fun to learn more about you!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I'm with you on the stray hair in the shower thing...then when I dry my hair, I feel like I'm wearing a hair shirt, with all the hair that is falling all over me as I brush. Why can't stray hairs be like stray socks and just disappear without a trace?

Related Posts with Thumbnails