UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sick Family & Random Tidbits....

Boo to being sick at the start of the year. What luck! At least I wasn't sick on my birthday. Aiden has RSV and Kris and I just have a common head cold we picked up from my mom. I think our head cold has started to get to Aiden though, he has a tiny runny nose and it makes me sad to wipe his little boogies. He is being a trooper though, he is still giggling and for the most part a happy boy.

My mom and I went to the dollar store the other night to get a few random odds and in's, a birthday card, I needed black pepper and chicken noodle soup etc, and we found the best deal ever. I was super excited! They had Gerber baby foods, expiration date 2011, for 3 for $1. So mom and I got 60 jars. Crazy huh? I got a pretty even amount of things including peas, green beans, carrots, squash, sweet potato, mixed cereal with bananas and apple, mixed cereal with applesauce, plain bananas, apple sauce with summer peaches, pears, apple strawberry banana and apple blueberry.... to name a few! I was soo thrilled. It will save us a lot, and we were told we will get the go ahead with foods at 4 months. I know some people say wait, but like I've said on here before, my child, my choice.

His highchair came in this week too, so far he doesn't show interest in sitting in it, but I think once he starts trying foods and matches his highchair to foods he will enjoy it more.

Kris and I had some down time while baby was sick and sleeping and watched 2 movies on tv I'd never seen. We watched The Pacifier, which I thought would be stupid, I actually thought it was really cute and I found myself laughing and enjoying it. It reminded me of Cheaper By the Dozen, which I love both movies. Then we also saw Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones on AMC. Neither of us had seen it before and it was old, but it was a good movie too. I actually found myself getting nervous.

My last random tidbit is that my mom and I broke her foot. I don't think I ever mentioned that. She fell before Christmas when it was icy and then went to New York for a week. All the walking she did broke the bone on the top of her foot. She is in a full cast, walking boot though which makes it easier for her. I had to take her for the cast on my birthday so she let me pick the color - I picked purple! We got back Tuesday to have it removed and get a new x-ray.

That's all for my random tidbits. No time to upload pics or videos, but I will add another post tomorrow.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails