UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Goals

Yep, we don't do resolutions, we set goals for ourselves. This way it can't be "broken" you can only achieve it. If you don't achieve it you aren't disappointed, it was just a goal you were trying to reach. I like it better this way!

So here are a few of my goals for the new year:

1. Read 12 books this year. I joined a small reading group where instead of all reading the same book and talking about it, you set your own reading goal and just talk about the books you read and suggest them if you want. It's nice because you can set your own pace and don't have to read something you aren't interested in. So I figured 1 book a month (approx.) is a good starting goal - I read 19 in 1 summer once, so I hope I can manage this. I'm already 100 pages into book # 1.

2. Be a better blogger. Seriously, not ramble about Aiden TOO much and get back into writing about a variety of topics - including my books being read!

3. Being a better wife. Lately Kris and I have bickered over the dumbest things and it's getting frustrating. We have no need to fight over dumb stuff and I need to learn to not have such an attitude sometimes.

4. Be a good mommy. I just want to help Aiden continue to thrive and to encourage him to grow strong and learn new things and have new experiences.

5. Take a family trip. As in, Kris, me and Aiden. I don't care where we go, I just want to take our first planned trip as a family. I'll aim for end of summer for this goal, but we will see.

6. Take a mommy day once a month. I need to remember that when I get worn down I get stressed and that shows. So I need to take 1 day for myself to do whatever - take a bath and read, paint my nails, go shopping, sew or scrapbook - whatever it is, uninterrupted!

7. Lastly, I want to get healthy again. Now I'm not gonna set a weight goal for myself, but I want to feel good about my body again. I want to fit into at least a size 14 again so that all my clothes fit. If I happen to get back to a wonderful size 10 that'd be awesome too, but really I just want to FEEL good. I will try to join weight watchers again (I had to quit after 9lbs and 6 weeks cuz I was pregnant last year) but financially that just may not be possible. I have Wii Fit Plus and a free small gym (at the apartment complex) that I can use to reach this goal.

5 comments:

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Those are some awesome goals...may you accomplish each one in 2010!

Noelle said...

great goals you have set for yourself.

Mama4Real said...

I do Weight Watchers, or I have... I'm not sure what this year holds for us, I don't want to spend the money on it if we're going to be job searching etc. BUT, it works GREAT when you can really work the plan.

We just got the Wii Fit Plus too, I'm tryig to be dilligent with it. That thing can be nasty sometimes though!

Unknown said...

Good luck to our goals for this year! :)

Yankee Girl said...

Good luck with your goals! I like the family trip one. Weight loss is a goal of mine too. My husband says when I reach my goal weight he will take me anywhere I want to go so i am working hard to get there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails