UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Monday, November 2, 2009

3 weeks!

Whoops, I'm behind! Not a surprise really. 3 weeks has brought us a growth spurt full of nonstop eating and no sleep! Boy it's fun! Little man is growing well though, and I'm learning to sleep sitting up in the rocking chair. No real update though. He outgrew one newborn outfit, it's a romper that is too tight in the crotch. All the other newborn clothes fit fine or are even big still, like the pjs he is wearing now. He has more personality these days. He only wants to be held facing out, he is looking at the monitor while sitting on my left leg now (i'm right handed), and grumbles when you hold him any other way. He really does grumble, it's too funny to listen to him.

Breastfeeding has brought me to tears all week. I want soo badly to enjoy it and do it exclusively, but well, it's draining me and the night feedings are awful. He eats well all day and then from 10pm-3am he wants to eat for an hour (30 mins each boob) and then an hour later he wants to eat again. I'm really exhausted by 1am and do not enjoy the nighttime bonding like I should. Instead i'm clock watching waiting for it to be over and resenting Kris because he gets to sleep the entire hour I'm feeding Aiden. That's not fair to my husband or Aiden. I decided after tons of tears and feelings of guilt and failure, that tonight I will give him a warm bottle of formula at bedtime. Even if he is up all night I will get more sleep feeding him a bottle than boobs. I know I can start pumping more (I only do it now when my boobs ache) and do BM bottles at night, but right now, this week, I need a boob break! I don't know if things will change later, like if i pump more and stop formula, or if we keep doing boobs during the day and formula at night. Only time will tell. I just have come to the conclusion that if I'm exhausted and stressed and dreading feedings at night I'm no good for Aiden. They say that a happy mommy makes for a happy baby!

In other news, I'd like to ask for prayers. Kris' job has really slowed down and we are stressing about money. We are luck, both our families are willing and able to help out, but prayers would be nice! Thank you! I will now leave you with a weekly pic update!





4 comments:

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Look at that adorable face...what's not to love?

Noelle said...

he is soooo cute! Wishing you best of luck with his job situation, hopefully it will pick up soon!

Anonymous said...

we went through the three week growth spurt yesterday (although i didnt realise what it was) - my normally chilled out baby became needy and fed all day. it was terrible, so i feel your pain.

wishing you lots of luck on the job front xx

I'm Jamie said...

I'm praying for your breastfeeding hurdles and Kris's job... we are a similar situation on both counts!!

Aiden is adorable! In the top picture it is incredible how much me looks like a little boy-- not a baby-- but a boy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails