UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Saturday, November 21, 2009

6 Weeks!

Wow, I can't believe we are at 6 weeks already. This kid is just growing soo quickly! He is getting chunky, it's cute so see little chubby cheeks. He is full on smiling now and we are working on that sleeping in his own bed thing. Still rough, but some nights it works, others we are up all night.

(This is him "sleeping" on his own - he kept looking at me confused. Normally the pillow isn't there of course for his safety, but he was obviously not sleeping and we were obviously sitting in the dark watching him. Note his side position...his doing, not mine! )

No new updates on little man, I should weight him on wii again and dig out the tape measure and see how long he is. Perhaps I'll do that in the next day or two and update for you all, and for my own knowledge of course. I can tell you that he is starting to find his hands more, chews on them when he isn't hungry for example and he is also leaving them "open" instead of all balled into a fist more. I got him to hold a toy today and he seemed to enjoy that for the 2 seconds it lasted. We also have been doing story time in the rocking chair and he likes to look at the pics and "talk" back while I read to him. Super cute, but only lasts for a short book for now or halfway through a Dr. Seuss. He can roll halfway over, from his back to his side, so I find keeping him on his back while he sleeps is getting harder every day. He also played in his bouncer by himself and talked and hit the toys this week! It's soo amazing to see him discovering new things.

I went to my 6 week appointment yesterday though and have updates in that department. I was cleared for all activity (you know, the good stuff and bubble baths too!) and cleared to go back to "work". This means I can start collecting my unemployment again which will be really helpful to us financially. Also I am down 15-20lbs depending on which scale we go by. I got my annual out of the way (it was supposed to be in Sept while I was still pregnant but Dr said let's wait) and I got my IUD placed. I'm giving Mirena a try. It didn't hurt one bit, not to get too graphic on you ladies, but I didn't even know when she was done with the pap and did the IUD - it was that painless and quick. Love it. Now, umm, the threads are a different story. They shouldn't call them "threads" more like "thin wires", they aren't exactly soft thread material for those who are wondering. may need to go get those trimmed shorter - we will give that another go and see about that later. I'll just leave it at that, but OUCH for the hubs! Anyway, I hope we are happy with this option once we get used to it.

Thanks to fellow blogger Alicia, I can now update my twitter via texts which I didn't realize I could do. So for those of you who follow, you just may get more updates now! Yay! Okay, that's it's for the 6 weeks update...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails