UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Changes On The Horizon.....


So here we go, life is going to change a lot. My last post, just 2 days ago, asked for prayers for my husbands job. Well, the next day, yesterday, it was announced that his ENTIRE company is being eliminated. At least the local office. He was a Comcast contractor as I mentioned before and there has been NO JOBS for his company. So Comcast cancelled their contract with 2 companies, my husbands because it was a small group, and another contractor in the local area. So this sucks. He has been laid off. He is turning in his truck today. He is very sad about this because he really loved his job and did very well at it. Plus, when there were actually jobs to be done he made a lot of money! We are sad. However we are trying to stay positive. He will now get unemployment, which he wasn't able to collect any $ even when working less than 40hrs before... Also I am going to apply for WIC and Food Stamps this week. Now that we are a 2 unemployment income family I think it's a smart choice to help out temporarily. We are also very lucky that both our families are able to help us out when needed for a bit. *sigh* I just feel bad because Kris loved his job and I pray that God is opening a door to a new job he will love even more! Also we are looking at this as time for him to spend with Aiden when he is still little because time will fly by and this is the only time he will be so little.

Next huge change... Breastfeeding no more. Yep, I have complained on here already, but things are getting worse. As of yesterday I woke up with huge pain in my right breast, it's most likely just a clogged duct AGAIN, but it also looks like a small milk blister is forming again. This is awful, I'm in pain 24/7 and it's making breastfeeding soo daunting. It's not fair to Aiden at all that his mommy dreads feeding him and cries half the time that she does! After all my troubles, and my huge guilt for not enjoying it I made the decision this week to stop. I started introducing formula as a nighttime bottle and he is taking well to it. He was already great at bottle feeding so I wasn't worried about that. He has been sleeping better at night the last 2 nights. Not that his sleep has anything to do with my choice. I realized that I was forcing myself to try and continue with breastfeeding because everyone said "it gets easier, stick with it" and "breast is best" and that feeling guilty about giving formula over breast milk is NOT a good reason to keep doing it. I need to do what will make me happy, because Aiden is starting to get fussy with me at our night feedings - he knows his mommy is stressed and NOT enjoying that experience. My stress with breastfeeding is making life in our house hard, I need to do what is best for us, not follow others advice.

So there you have it. Now i just hope I can make it through weaning alive. Aiden will be fine, but I know this means more breast pain and issues. *sigh* I just want it to be over so I can enjoy my day more.

8 comments:

I'm Jamie said...

You need to do what your body (and heart) is telling you... THAT is what is best :)

Prayers for new opportunities!!

Moments and Impressions said...

I am so sorry to hear about your husbands job. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

While your husband is off - take a lot of time to enjoy your little one - they grow so fast.

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Sorry to hear about your hubby. I know that times are tough right now, but one day you both will look back on this and realize how much stronger it made you and your relationship.

And as for giving up breastfeeding, it's my opinion that every person does what's best for her and her child, and that doesn't mean that the same thing is the best for everyone...you shouldn't feel guilty or have to explain yourself to anyone!

Unknown said...

Keep the faith :) A lot of people have been victims of recession. Just pray and I'm sure things happen for a reason ;)

Erin said...

So good to hear you are doing what is best for you and not listening to others! I hope it all goes well with the weaning!

And I will pray that something else comes along soon for your hubby!

Noelle said...

OH wow, i'm so sorry to hear about his job. My husband is unemployed as well, has been for 2.5 months. Luckily I still have my job and can support us, but I know the stress that comes with it! Hopefully he will find something real soon! I made my blog private, so whats your email so I can add u to list!

Lindz said...

Best wishes! I'm thinking good thoughts for your whole family!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I don't miss having scabbed up nipples. As if childbirth wasn't traumatic enough, we get to breastfeed... Do what you feel you need to. *hugs*
Mrs. Muffins

Related Posts with Thumbnails