UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Object of My Affection....

Write a love letter to the object of your affection......

Dear Black Leather Reclining Rocking Chair,
I loved you when I first saw you and brought you home in February. However, I didn't realize how much I loved you until this week. We own a glider, but he can't replace you. He does a nice job when things are calm and we are just rocking to spend time together, but he can't handle stress the way you do. You can take the almost violent rocking and your overstuffed body provides more cushion for my achy back. You my dear rocking chair are my favorite. Not only can you help me rock and rock and rock all night long, but you then RECLINE. Yes, that's right, you allow me to lay back and kick my feet up. You are wide enough that I can pull one leg up and tuck it under me and get comfy enough to doze off in. I have found you are a decent alternative to my cozy bed which I haven't seen in nights (except for those hours when Kris is enjoying your comforts). Oh chair you are my new love, thank you.

Dear coffee maker,
You have always been something I admire and love. Lately though you have helped me more than ever. I always needed you for a little pick me up during the day, but you really are saving my life and keeping me awake! Thank you for providing me my sanity!

Dear Christmas Tree,
You are my true new object of affection. I know you can't really show love back, but well, just looking at you all tall and perfect makes me feel a bit happier inside. You make me smile. You brighten up my days and nights, literally that is, with your lights twinkling so bright. You are the most perfect tree we have ever seen, you look like you belong on a Macy's show floor. I know we put you up super early this year, but we really needed a pick me up to our spirits. We were down and out and having you around has made our home peaceful. You didn't let us down. You were the best clearance buy ever last year, we are soo proud to keep you forever. It's reminded us that things are okay and will improve. We have things to look forward to and you are a reminder than seasons come so quickly and time moves on. Thank you for being soo beautiful, for providing us with the most perfect tree for our son's first Christmas, and for giving us our spirit back.

Join in at Mama Kat's for your weekly assignment. Oh and for those of you who are now oh so curious... I will be posting pics eventually of our Tree, which is up already and really is the most perfect tree ever.

2 comments:

KatBouska said...

I'm so glad that none of your family members made it into your love letter! They're entirely overrated sometimes, aren't they?

Just kidding, I too have a deep love for cozy recliners...and Christmas trees...and Starbucks.

Katie said...

Oh how I love my christmas tree's and coffee makers too! I especially enjoying them cozily at the same time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails