UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm a canning fool!


So I got up at 6am as usual, made Kris' breakfast and packed him a nice lunch for work....only today, I didn't get to go back to bed. Nope, I was over at my mom's by 630am and we started canning. My mom makes the best pickles ever, I mean it's really just vinegar, water, salt and well dill of course and some garlic, but they are soo amazing. Brock and I fight over the jars all year long. By 1030am Mom and I had completed 51 jars! We had sliced, chunks, and whole pickles. We planned for 52 jars, so we did really well. It was soo nice to see them all finished. Here are some pics....



PS - I did all the slicing, look how perfect they turned out!

Next up on the mom canning list is peaches and to do apricot jam. Then it's mixed berry jam to go with the already completed Raspberry, Strawberry and Marionberry. Then come fall we will be picking apples and pears and making apple and pear sauces sans sugar for baby Aiden to eat when he starts eating food. Yippie!

1 comments:

Kim Lehnhoff said...

The pickles look amazing! I'll pass on the Marionberry...I think it might be rotten (smokin' crack and stalking women, and all).

Related Posts with Thumbnails