UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Vancouver Rodeo July 2 2009
























































So we decided to go to the Vancouver Rodeo this year. We went before the 4th so it wasn't soo busy. Kris had never been to a rodeo before, so we decided to show him what being "country" is all about. He is quickly learning what he married into. Not to say we are hicks, but we love Rodeo's for the 4th, country music, country food (chicken fried steaks, fried okra, canning our own jams etc...) and Kris has learned to love this just as much as I have learned to love Filipino stuff.

We were only there for 10 minutes before Kris started saying "I want to ride a horse!" so mom is going to try and take Kris and Brock to do so later this summer for Kris' birthday. How cute, my Filipino cowboy.
The rodeo was good, we got lucky and our tickets were for the back row of the stands, it was great to be able to stand when I needed to and lean against the fence and stretch my legs out. My feet were getting close to cankle status (they were worse the next day). My favorite part was the bull riding of course and they had little kids, like 4+ years doing sheep riding. Oh it was the cutest thing ever, too bad we didn't get a picture of them. Here are a few pics that brock did get from the day.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails