UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Way-Back Wednesday & a not-so Wordless Wednesday!

Okay, so I don't have a lot of old school photos on this computer, and mine doesn't really turn on long enough to get any. So here is what you get, the oldest photos I could snag from my facebook page. I love all 4 of these and am happy to share... Sorry this breaks the "Wordless Wednesday" idea... I'm multi-blogging.

June 2007 - This picture is me and my gay boys, Shane on the left, and Spencer behind me. We went to San Fran for a day, because well, we worked for the airline and could. I just LOVE this picture, I even had it framed for a while. It reminded us of a band photo, the kind you'd see inside a CD booklet. It was totally random, but I just love everything about it. The light...our faces...that we are all in black...
July 2007 - Does this really NEED an explanation?? I mean hello VANILLA ICE. Yes, I'm crazy. First let's point out I look slim here, I miss that. Second I will tell you that I was on the employee bus and we passed him standing waiting for a cab. When the bus finally came to a stop (at the complete other end of the airport) I got off the bus and literally RAN, I mean I took off RUNNING to find him. I stopped right in front of him and was out of breath, I was a bit sweaty in my uniform, and I just managed to get out through the huffing and puffing "You're Vanilla Ice, aren't you?" He just laughed and said "Is that who you think I am?" I said "yes, I know you are". He then smiled a huge smile, and said "yes, I guess you could call me that". He then was kind enough to take some pictures with me. He was really nice. Then as I was leaving a saw a gaggle of girls my age (early 20's at the time) surrounding him. It made my day, and year, and boy I couldn't stop talking about it at work that day.
August 2006 - This was my last day at my coffee shop job in Seattle. I clearly didn't work that day and just hung out taking pictures. This was me in Burl's $300 Gucci's. It was love at first site, and I'll never be able to own sunglasses like these, I break them far too often for starters, and I'd rather spend that money on a new Coach purse. But here I am, all hot in borrowed glasses.
April 2005 - This was an April Fool's party. I remember it clearly. This is my best male friend Matty, now we don't talk much now, but in college we hung out A LOT. I can pull up 100's of pictures of us, and from the time we met in like 2003/2004 until this last year at my wedding (Oct 2008) there was not a SINGLE picture of him with a smile. That twit does NOT take a serious picture at all. I begged him for a nice one when he was at my wedding, he obliged. This though is my favorite face he ever made, I like to call this his "BITTER BEER FACE" - remember those commercials?

So there you have it - my Way-Back Wednesday, and my Wordless (but not soo wordless) Wednesday blog. I figured pictures are pictures, why not just combine the two posts this week. Hope you enjoyed the show!

Head over to.... Twinfatuation and Wordless Wednesday to participate or view other posts!

4 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

Kerri, I LOVE all these pictures...and feel like I kid of "know" you now! That top photo DOES look just like a CD liner notes image, and the Vanilla Ice picture? Simply no words to describe that photo op!

Thanks so much for playing along with Way Back When-esday...I hope you will often!

~KC~ said...

SOOO jealous about you meeting Vanilla Ice! How exciting!

Nancy said...

HAHAHAHAH Vanilla Ice. Too funny :)

And yup - love that top photo. Great one.

heh biter beer face just about describes that perfectly.

Stopping by from Cheryl's!

Summer said...

You met Vanilla Ice???? You are so famous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails