UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Monday, June 13, 2011

Our Mini-Vacation

It was great.  We had a nice drive up to Seattle, I took Kris on a detour up to see University of Washington.  It was so nice to show him where I worked for 4 years, it looked the same, my old dorm and some of the campus.  We saw Brock's friend Dalila and said hi to his friend Zhanna.

We got the car dropped off with the shipping company and got picked up by a sketchy Russian town car driver.  He had a prominent gold tooth and I could hardly understand him.  He kept stopping randomly in the middle of the road because he obviously can't read his own GPS system.  Then my side of the car almost got slammed against a semi who was honking fiercely at our driver.  It was a scary adventure to the hotel.



We made it safe and sound, we were on the 5th {top} floor and needed to use our hotel key to go up the elevator.  Made us feel special lol.  Clearly we don't get out enough.  We ordered an amazing dinner for room service.  He had rib eye and I had this delish mushroom and gnocchi dish.  Then we watched Little Fockers.  The movie was really funny.  We just spent the evening doing nothing.  It was nice to just relax.

We went down to the managers reception and I had a couple glasses of wine to end the evening.  It was great to sleep in a King size bed, and not have to wake up at all during the night.  We spread out and slept from 11-8am.  So refreshing!  In the morning we had a great breakfast.  Then we met with my friend Andrea and her boyfriend Matt and had Top Pot coffee.  They very generously gave us a ride to the train station so we didn't have to deal with scary Town Car driver again.

The train ride was uneventful.  Kris was nervous he'd get motion sick so he pretty much slept the whole time.  I read my book which I managed to finish that night! Kris was so excited that the train station had the big wooden benches, he had to rest on it!



1 comments:

Katie said...

If you get this twice I am so sorry (my computer is being stupid!)

Anways, this is Katie (I know I know, my name is on the comment, but I mean, THE Katie that you know! haha)..and you know how I messaged you about how I was not blogging again? hahahahaha. I changed my mind. I'm blogging, but just in a different way.

Also, so happy yall got a vacation! I'm craving one so bad right now! Preferably to Hawaii...we all can dream right?! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails