UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

30 Weeks!

Wow! I can't believe I just typed that, 30 weeks! This means only 10 weeks until my official due date. That's not much time at all!! Especially when you factor in my Dr. talking to us about inducing about a week early, umm, yeah, that's really 9 weeks in my mind! Crazy! And the next 10 weeks are going to be busy and FLY by!

30 Weeks

Maternity Clothes: You betcha.
Stretch Marks: Yes, I look like a cat used my tummy as a scratching post. And a few of them have been a bit sore and itchy this week which just means they are getting worse. Oh well, that's life, you won't hear me complain about them.
Total Weight: Well, I went to the Dr. last week and was at 30lbs, so I'm guessing maybe a couple more pounds by my next appt. in a week? Who knows, I don't look at the scale when I'm at home.
Aiden's Measurements: About the same this week, about 3 pounds and roughly 17 inches in length. This week he had a lot of brain development but not growth, according to those online baby websites and my books.
Sleep: Yes, let's talk about sleep. I had 3 great nights of sleep this week. I only got up once to pee and I slept soundly and felt great. These were the 3 nights I took Tylenol or Tylenol PM before bed. Then on another night my leg cramped up and I broke my toe - see a few posts below for full story. Then last night I was pretty tired but could NOT fall asleep, and then I woke up literally every couple hours or LESS to pee. I think I lost count around trip #5. Needless to say I'm tired and didn't sleep well. I think I'm going to start taking Tylenol before bed again, it really helps my hips and therefore sleep is better all around!
Movement: Well he's been pretty consistent lately. Except for the fact that Kris wanted to feel him moving around on his birthday and well, that didn't exactly happen. He felt him kicking around this morning a bit, so I guess that counts.
Cravings: I can't really say I've had any lately. Some foods sound good, some don't but nothing really stands out or is something I just have to have. I enjoyed stuffed peppers this week for dinner.
Belly Button: Still in, no change.
What I Miss: All the little things, like not having a hard time digging laundry out of the washer, or being able to put away dishes without being clumsy and breaking things, or bending over to pick stuff up, or sleeping well. I also miss being able to sit indian style, thanks to a broken toe that hurts a bit too much, but normally it's soo comfy that way.
What I Look Forward To: Eek, so much. We are going to Reno in 2 weeks from today. We should be getting our stroller/carseat travel system this week via UPS and I'm excited about that. The weather is cooling down a bit this week - no more 100's it's down to 80's and that is soo much more comfortable. And I want to start Aiden's monkey blanket this week! OH, plus I bought the book "The Time Travelers Wife" to read on the drive to Reno so I can see the movie when I get back. I have a feeling I'm going to LOVE it, just like the notebook.
Highlight of the Week: Well yesterday was hubs birthday and that was exciting and we got some really good news financially this week which was a nice relief and will help us out a lot in the coming months! yay!

3 comments:

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I can't say I miss those days at all, but when I look back on them, they were kinda special. I mean, it's not every day you bring a life into the world - such a miracle, really.

I hope you can get as much sleep as you can for the next 10 weeks, cuz it might be a while before you feel fully rested again.

Lift Like A Mom said...

I'm with ya on the whole pain thing! UGGG! I pretty much have to take Tylenol PM almost every night to sleep!! Getting closer though :)

Leslie said...

How fun. Oh, I remember the days! I wish I would have had a blog to journal my pregnancies. It would be cool to look back on them! Good luck with everything.

Related Posts with Thumbnails