UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Monday, August 10, 2009

Blurbs of the Weekend

So I've had several blog drafts going this weekend. Each one turned REALLY LONG, and I lost interest in posting them. So now let me go over a few topics... I'll summarize.

I wrote about how I miss working around airplanes. Not working at the airport per say, just the planes. I love the jet engine sound, I love the jet fuel smell (I'm not crazy, like those people who like the smell of gas, I think it's because that's smell I knew my husband by for the first year we were together), I loved standing alone in a jetway with a plane coming towards me and then waving at the captains as I moved the jetway (the sky bridge if you will that connects the plane to the airport for you people to walk on) to the plane and knocked 3 times to open the door. I just loved it. I miss those things. I do NOT miss the job so much, just the planes. They sure are beautiful. I sat and watched some take off and land this weekend, Aiden was wiggling, I think he liked the sound too.

I was supposed to write the 6 on Saturday, the topic was things people do you think are beyond lazy. I had a nice list, but it stopped at 4. So I gave up. Not to mention the things on my list were all things that I and or my hubs do. An example was putting dirty clothes ON the hamper instead of lifting the lid and putting them IN the hamper. Yep, totally lazy thing to do, and I'm guilty. Only because with my hubs clothes on it it's easier to just leave mine on top than to lift the lid without spilling clothes on the floor. lol That makes it sound worse.

I went to Blue Lake Park yesterday for my mom's work picnic/bbq. It was okay. We stayed from 1030am until 3pm. Much longer than we expected, so I guess that says something for the picnic. We played mandatory BINGO (I lost), my mom and brother took a walk down to the water. I didn't go on the walk because after my massive plate of food I had no room to breathe and thought a walk may be overdoing it. Not that I know too many of my mom's coworkers, but I knew enough to chit chat, plus I was the only preggo there so I was the topic of most conversations. Anyway, it was pretty fun I suppose.

I made my first nursing cover! Yay! I'd post a picture of the finished project, but well, umm...., yeah at the picnic I sort of dropped the hubs fancy expensive Nikon camera and broke it. He fixed the lens, but now I'm not allowed to touch said camera. I'll make him take a picture to share. It's not perfect, but it will serve it's purpose.

I bought two huge super soft fuzzy monkey's for Aiden. They both were on sale, I just HAD to get them! The hubs wasn't mad though, he just shook his head and said "they are cute". :)

One week until RENO! Yes, I can't WAIT! It will be soo nice to get away, and above all else spend time with my hubby. Sure, my mom and brother will be there too and sometimes we all get annoyed with each other, but it will be fun.

I think that about sums up all my random blogs I planned to post. Now I'm hungry and am going to finish my book today! I am determined, and I will post a review of the book once I'm done with it. I'm loving it.

2 comments:

I'm Jamie said...

Love the recap... I have umpteen drafts that never make it to post, too.
And I love that your hubby will now have to take the picture of the cover for you... hahaha :)

~KC~ said...

I like the lazy list! haha. I think anything I would put on that list if I made one, I do. My favorite is rinsing dishes but not taking the step to put them in the dishwasther, and I probably do it daily...but when your hubby does it before you, it just makes it so easy doesnt it! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails