UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Monday, August 3, 2009

It's my Hubby's Birthday!


Yay! He is 28 today. I am very happy to get to spend all of his birthdays with him, I just love him. He gets soo excited and has been counting down for a month now. I love being the first to tell him Happy Birthday when he wakes up too.

I should tell you that Kris' family is the type that when you hit 18 birthdays aren't special anymore. It's a card and maybe some money. No real gifts, no real big celebration. When he joined my family I couldn't believe it. Last year we gave him a taste of how WE celebrate and how it will be from now on...

Last year we did it up big, my family threw him a huge surprise party (just for us, but still a big surprise to him) and we got him lots of gifts and had them set up like they were under a Christmas tree. We are talking party favors, streamers, balloons, a big banner, a homemade cake, and I took him to a very expensive dinner too.

This year will be a bit different. It's not that he doesn't deserve the special, but well, we can't afford the special so much with baby on the way. He told me that this year that he just wants baby Aiden to be really active for him. He even had a little talk with him a few nights ago. Aiden is a stubborn little one already, he kicks a lot and moves for mommy, but as sure as ANYONE goes to feel him he clams up. He has kicked Kris' head a few times though, but I hope this evening Kris really gets to see and feel him move around a lot. *chugs cold orange juice*

I did get Kris a gift, new beard and mustache scissors and Grand Torino on dvd. Well, he opened them both a week ago - whoops! I plan to take him to dinner again, but on a cheaper scale. We got a $50 gift card to Macaroni Grill so I figure that's better than Taco Bell for dinner. Right?

My family will of course do our usual "family night" tomorrow and I believe the plan is to celebrate his birthday then. This usually means going someplace like Red Robin and having them try to embarrass him, although he doesn't get embarrassed, i do. My parents plan to chip in together and get Kris a nice BBQ I believe. Tonight we may go see his family for dinner, but I never know what plans he has set up.


Anyway, that is my excitement for the day. My hubby is amazing and I'm happy to be celebrating with him. Too bad he is currently working, at least his boss is going to let him leave early! I'll leave you with pictures from last year because they are just soo cute!






2 comments:

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

So sweet!

Hope he had a happy birthday!!

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

I hope he had a great birthday! I think it must be a filipino thing, DHs family doesn't do anything for his birthday or holidays at all! They haven't put up a Christmas tree since he was 16 because they say Christmas is for children! How sad!

Related Posts with Thumbnails