UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Future Projects...

Okay so I think I am getting ahead of myself.... I keep finding all these "simple" sewing projects that I just HAVE to make before Aiden arrives. I don't doubt that I can do them, even though I am a newbie to using a sewing machine, but I don't want to forget all of them. So this is more of a list for me, but you can all enjoy too.

1. Cute burp cloths courtesy of Chickpea Sewing Studios
I have already done 8 of these, but I'm putting it on my list because I want to do more, and I have 4 more I can currently do without buying anything new! I better get to it! This is a picture of the ones I've already done.
2. Boppy Covers courtesy of Vanilla Joy
picture is from her website as well, too cute! I'd like to make 2 or 3 of these so I can rotate them in the wash. 3. Nursing Covers courtesy of Pinkatilly or Bliss Tree.
picture from pinkatilly 4. Baby Sling courtesy of Karma Baby
picture from Karma Baby - not a pic of me. I'm not sure if I will like this or not, but I figured it's soo easy why not give it a try?
5. Aiden's snuggly blanket.
Now this isn't from a website, I got some brown minky fabric and some yellow flannel with monkeys dressed as pirates on it. It was super cute and the craft store had a simple blanket made with the same two fabrics. So I'm going to make my first blanket with the intent that it will be the one Aiden curls up with and that I throw in the diaper bag. Here is the fabric.
There you have it - my growing sewing to-do list. I feel like I'm leaving something out, but that's all I can think of right now. I am also going to do some aprons and matching kitchen towels for Christmas presents to my girlfriends, but well, those can wait, and hopefully won't take long. Mom and I also signed up today for a 4 week quilting class to learn and put together a full size quilt. Not a simple blanket, like a fancy old fashioned quilt. That will be in September, I'm a bit scared, but super excited about this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soem great ideas there. I am a newbe sewer too ... had my first sewing session today and after the first frustrating few hours I really got in to the swing of it and made some monster books ends, and a neckerchief for the bean! They're not finished yet, but I do feel good for finally getting on it. Good luck with your projects, look forward to hearing about your progress xx

JennyMac said...

All of this adorable! Our is 2.5 now so we are past this stage but I love that sling!

Related Posts with Thumbnails