UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Friday, August 28, 2009

Woe is Me.

I had a sore throat last night, but it wasn't that bad. Really I thought nothing of it. Well I was wrong. Woke up this morning with a bad sore throat. It is just getting worse. I can't swallow. It's making me tired and feel worn out. It's making my heartburn even worse. I have been sucking on cough drops (strawberry halls!), I have made me some Earl Grey tea with lots of honey. I even took a 1.5hr nap, which if you have been following my pregnancy updates you know I haven't been able to sleep well. Seriously, I can be falling asleep sitting up and as sure as I lay down I am wide awake. So to lay down and just pass out felt great, but didn't help my throat! I've been sending horribly sad woe is me texts to the hubs, who seems to also have a sore throat.

What great timing. This evening, in about 4hrs, my good friend Andrea is going to be here and will be staying at my house all weekend. Tomorrow is my shower too. Perfect. I just hope I don't get Andrea sick, that would make me feel soo bad. Plus, the only cold medicine I have in the house is Dayquil and Nyquil, which does me NO GOOD. The hubs can enjoy it but I need to go get me the Dr. approved Sudafed (sp? know that isn't right and I don't care to fix it) or Tylenol stuff. Bleh. I soo am not wanting to leave the house feeling like this.

At least it's gray and raining outside. I love this weather, oddly it makes me feel better. Perhaps it's because it matches how I feel. I haven't even played Farm Town, that's how bleh I feel. I'm gonna go read my book.

Woe is me. Thank you for listening to me whine. And if you could send some cheese over for me to enjoy with my whine I'd appreciate it. I like cheddar, not this fancy smell bad crap.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Ohhh... no fun! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Especially with the fun weekend you have planned. Sounds like you are doing the right things and taking it easy. Take care!

Moments and Impressions said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Crystal said...

Awww...I'm so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I got a huge sinus infection the week before I was due to give birth - I was still on the 10-day round of antibiotics when I went into the hospital to have her. Fortunately the antibiotics had already kicked in and I was feeling better by the time I delivered. What a bummer to be sick while your friend was in town and you had your baby shower. How are you feeling today?

Related Posts with Thumbnails