UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mama Kat's Writing Assignment.

Okay so there are actually 2 this week that speak to me. I will do the shorter one now, and may come back and write again on the weight topic. Of course I may just make the weight topic a personal one for me later in the week too. Okay so without further ado... Click HERE to join in on the writing fun, and don't forget to comment on mine!


1.) Your trip to the ER...spill it.


I only know this story from hearing it over and over from my mom, but I don't actually remember this event. I'll do my best to recreate.


I was 2, my dad was off to work (he was in the NAVY) and my mom and I were left alone at our apartment for the day. I was obsessed with the book....

I had been jumping on our sofa like the monkey's on the bed did in the book and was told to stop doing that so mom could go make dinner. Well being a 2yr old why would I listen to her? So as she left the room to make dinner I continued jumping on the sofa. She kept telling me to stop but did I listen? No! You can all see where this is going.... I fell. And I cracked my head open on the coffee table edge. So here runs mom to find blood all over and me crying. She took me and laid me down on her bed so she could get shoes on and turn dinner off and then off to the ER we went.

Now that I've started this story, let's take a moment to imagine my dad when he got home to find dinner halfway made in the kitchen, blood on the sofa, carpet and coffee table. And then continued to find blood soaking through on my parents bed. Great scene to come home to....

So mom and I are at the ER and of course I need stitches. They wanted to shave my hair in the front because it was soo matted with blood, but I had only started growing hair (seriously, i was a bald kid until 2) and my mom would NOT let them shave it. Now of course they had to follow procedure and when a 2yr old is brought in hysterical and with a cut open forehead they have to ask the parent what happened and investigate. So they had my arms strapped down on the ER table and were starting to clean my wound and hair up and had my mom step out while they questioned me (and her outside the room). I was crying and told them "I was jumping on the sofa like the monkey's on the bed, and mommy told me to stop, but I fell and bumped my head". The dr. went out laughing and got my mom and said they were all pretty sure that things happened how I said they did.

In the end, I got stitches, kept my hair and to this day I have a lovely little scar on my forehead from those darned monkey's. Oh and on a side note, my Dr.'s name in the ER was Dr. Patty. I was OBSESSED with singer Sandi Patti and thought my dr was the singer. I guess everyone at the ER just thought I was too funny.

8 comments:

Katie said...

I love what you told the dr. you must have been an adorable 2 yr old.

Erin said...

I can only imagine how freaked your dad must have been to see a scene like that! And my 2 yr old LOVES that book and he loves to jump on the couch or bed or anything...is that what I have to look fwd to? lol

Marian said...

Oh, I use to love that story. I will however, make sure not to read it to my children(when I have them) for a few years:)

Claudya Martinez said...

Sounds like you were a pretty cute kid.

Jody said...

Man I had a moment there where I thought about what I would think if I came home to that. *shudders

Crystal said...

Oh no!! Darn those monkeys, hehe. :) I also have a scar on my head from not following a rule - the 'no running in the house' rule. Good times.

Jen said...

great story, thanks for sharing it.

The818 said...

That's pretty cute. I always knew those monkeys were pure evil.

Related Posts with Thumbnails