UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

An Award? For Me??

Wow, I feel honored. So Crystal over at My So Called Life gave me this little award/meme, obviously she thinks my blog is fabulous. I was shocked. I had to laugh though because when she got the award for herself she said it looked like this high fashioned lady had toilet paper stuck to her shoe and didn't know it. Crystal said that would be here, thinking she looked all hot and had no idea... I must agree, now that's all I see when I look at the award, and it would be my luck too. Anyway, THANK YOU to Crystal, I am excited to take my turn and pass this award on....
What I gather is that with this award/meme I am to write about 5 things I'm obsessed with. Just 5 huh? I'll do my best to entertain.

1. Finding a good bargain! Lately this is all about baby things, like going to consignment stores and finding brand new clothes with the tags still on and getting them for like 3 bucks. Love it! As I blogged about long ago my best find yet was a $94 suede jacket from Gymboree for only $2!! Yep, what a thrill I got from that! I am a bargain shopper all around though. I am a coupon cutter, I will go to multiple stores if one has something on sale the other doesn't. I love seeing the bottom of my Walmart receipt saying "You saved XX". I get this trait from my mom.

2. Farm Town & Farkle. Yup, that's right, facebook applications. It's sad, but oh so true. I spend half my day playing Farm Town (which reminds me, I have crops to harvest!) and playing Farkle. I'm not a gambler, so playing Farkle is awesome to me, I can "gamble" but not lose anything. Love it.

3. Reality TV & DOOL. Dool is Days of Our Lives for those of you who don't know. I have watched DOOL since like 4th or 5th grade. I'm soo caught up in it that I have even got my husband and my dad trained to watch it when I can't so they can fill me in. As of this year full episodes are online too! Reality tv... oh my, where do I even start with this list. I have watched everything from Biggest Loser, Big Brother, Bachelor/ette, Girls Next Door, The Surreal Life, Amazing Race and the list could go on and on. I love them all and I have no idea why. It's pathetic but it's my passion on tv. Such a waste of time, but when you combine this with playing Farkle I'm in my "zone".

4. Coach. I love me some Coach purses. I have 3 purses, black was my first purchase, a gift of sorts for my college graduation from my mom. Then I bought myself a brown purse and a denim blue one. I also have 2 black wallets, one cloth, one leather. I need a brown wallet next. It will be 2 years at Christmas since I bought my last purse, and I'm getting a real big itch for a new one. I even have my eye on one. I want one that is a bit bigger, and I want this one to be the tan color. Oh I love them. I notice everyone who has one and I always have to "stop in" and just "look" when we pass stores or go places like Macy's. I even make our monthly Macy's payment in person just so I can do it at the purse counter. OH and I even have a pair of black Coach tennis shoes. My mommy bought them for me last year and I adore them.

5. All things pregnancy for the last 9 months. Now, I haven't been the type who every symptom I get scares me, or I feel the need to call the dr. or nurse all the time, or takes trips to Labor and Delivery because I felt "crampy". Sure those women have their reasons, but for me it's really silly to be paranoid. God gave us this baby and God can take him away, I felt my job was to remain stress free and love my baby as he grew, not to be all panicky and deprive myself of things. My dr. said I can have 2 cups of coffee a day, she said I can eat sushi in moderation from good places, hot dogs and cold lunch meat are a-ok. I can take baths and Tylenol whenever I want. Not gonna lie, I even had a few doses of Pepto on really bad days. I stopped taking my prenatal because they made me really sick and my dr. said it was fine. Oh and I'm gonna be induced 6 days early. For personal, not medical reasons - so shoot me. If all this makes me a horrible mommy-to-be, than so be it, but my son is growing strong and very healthy and will be here any day now, I've had absolutely no complications since day one and I've been very healthy. My dr. is super pleased with my pregnancy.

HOWEVER, I have been completely obsessed with reading about my pregnancy and learning all the random stuff. Like did you know that your cervix changes from pink to purple when you are pregnant? I got books immediately, I joined online communities (which for the most part I abandoned when I hit 3rd tri because of the caddy and judgy women). I noticed my nipples were dark before I even got a positive test and was soo fascinated by this. Books say they *should* go back to normal color and size, but I look like one of those aboriginal ladies with my freak show nipples. I kept wondering "is this a kick?" "was that a hiccup?" And now it's turned into "is that a contraction?" "is THIS part of my mucus plug?". Lol THOSE are the things I obsess about and am fascinated with. They don't concern me, I just have enjoyed getting to know more about my body and how it changes. I still can't fathom that I have a real little human in me and that all my organs will go right back to their original place once he is here. Crazy isn't it? I'm anxious, but sad to see this miracle end. It's been a good obsession.

Okay there you have it - my 5 obsessions. In true Kerri fashion they were all long winded answers, I just can't help myself. Now, I get to pass this award on...

I could have picked soo many other bloggers to pass this award onto, but I tried to pick just a couple who stood out in my mind recently for making my day with their posts. Also, since I'm new to this blog thing and this is only my 2nd award I wanted to pass this on to some of my less followed blog friends.

And the winners are....

Jessica over at Mommy Needs Coffee - she just had her 2nd little boy and they are both adorable, I love the pics she posts and the stories she tells.

Mama4Real - she is a real life Mama, and I love it.

The Domestication of a (once) Single Girl - she has a cute little girl and I am still laughing about her story (which I couldn't find the link to share) about how her other half clogged the toilet and they didn't have a plunger.

3 comments:

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

Sweet, thank you!

A few thoughts...

I want to play Farmtown now. And it's because of you.

Coaaaaccccch. *LOVE*

One of my first words, no joke, was Patch. He was on Days of our Lives when I was a baby. I got to meet Hope when I was about 10. My Aunt and my mother talk about the characters like they're real, and like the storylines are really happening to their 'friends'. Yeah, we're ALL crazy.

I like reality shows, too.

I read up on pregnancy stuff like crazy, too. It's addictive. Almost as addictive as Coach and DOOL.

:D

Mama4Real said...

Yay! Thank you so much! i'm going to post this tomorrow!!!! :)

Mama4Real said...

Oh, and btw, I love Farkle! I play on FB too, but we also play w/ the fam every christmas. It's tradition!:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails