UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Friday, September 18, 2009

uh oh - I'm a hypocrite!

So I totally realized today I'm a hypocrite. I don't think I really AM in real life, but I guess I do tend to judge celebrities differently than non-celebs. I read this morning, here, that Khloe Kardashian is planning to getting married to her boyfriend of 1 month. Wow. 1 month was my first thought followed quickly by "Good Luck". <--- said very sarcastically in my head of course.

Then it hit me... umm, reality check Kerri, you and Kris were talking about getting married after a month, and were officially engaged with a ring by 3 months and umm, married on your 9 month anniversary. "GOOD LUCK". Ouch... I'm sure, matter of fact, I KNOW, some people (mostly coworkers, not real friends or family) thought we were a bit crazy and didn't think we were making the best choice. Look at us though, sure it's been almost a year of marriage, but we have been blissfully happy and have really become a better couple each day that passes and have more than proven to the nay-sayers that we were right and they were wrong. Now we are even 19 days (or less!!) away from having our first child. We are soo happy and blessed. I should have been wishing this for Khloe.

I guess it's just soo different in my mind when they are celebs and live in different states and her 2 sisters have a lovely track of bad relationships (Kim with a quick hitch in Vegas gone bad and Kourtney preggo with what WAS her ex), and she JUST got out of another short relationship with a different athlete.... Wow - sorry, just got judgy again. I know that those things can be blessings too, just saying, celebs seem to be so carefree with their choices. "Hey, why not get married, I have fame, money and well, can do what I want!" That's my opinion on it anyway. *sigh* So yes, good luck to Khloe, but I'm betting it isn't true love that will last over the years....I have more faith in Jillian and Ed (from Bachelorette if you live under a rock) and that they will last. Time will tell...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's a crazy idea. Gosh! 1 month. Oh well I'm just one of those judgmental people as well. Sometimes i find it hard to believe that there is "true love" amidst the glitz and glamor of Hollywood. If there is, there are only a few people who find it.

I just hope that this one is REAL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails