UPDATE UPDATE

Wow, after several years ive decided to try and resurrect this little blog of mine. I recently told a friend I missed having a place to write. Then out of nowhere a blog "challenge" if you will came about on a public group im in. So here I am and I'm going to try and keep this thing going. Bare with me as I make changes and update content. Feel free to sift through my old posts, you just might learn something new about me....

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Oh Goodness - a blog of ramblings.

It's soo sad, but true. I made coffee this morning, and it's weak. And it doesn't taste very good. I'm soo sad. I blame it on my mascara crust that prevented me from fully seeing what I was doing. I always make such great coffee (even the hubs makes me get up and make his every morning, it's that good!). I have no idea what happened. I'm sitting here eating left over baby shower cake for breakfast with my disappointing coffee. *sigh*.

In other news my 2nd shower was much more than I expected. I was soo excited. I love love love my husbands family. First there is the food, it's AMAZING. It's no wonder I've gained near 50lbs. I was on weight watchers before baby and have indulged a bit too much on my Filipino favs these last 9 months. One more gorge session can't hurt now!

More people showed up than I ever expected. His family is touch and go, sometimes you get EVERYONE, like big holidays, and sometimes you get half that, which is usually his aunts and lola and maybe a cousin or two. Well we got nearly EVERYONE. The only ones that I didn't see were Paul and Arnell and they were at the coast. We even got to see family we hadn't seen since our Oct wedding.

The gifts. You've got to be kidding me, we are soo frickin' spoiled. Perhaps this is because everyone loves my husband, and I was excepted to his family immediately and they love me even more for the baby on the way. We got much more than I expected but I am soo thankful. My first shower was mostly clothes and some blankets. This shower I got my breast pump, the baby tub, a safety and grooming set (clippers, medicine dropper, sucky up snot bulby thing etc), a few outfits and blankets, my sleep positioner for the crib, the Ocean Wonders Seahorse everyone swears by. Point is, it was much more practical things that I needed and am soo glad to a lot more off my list.

Now really I just want a swing and we need a monitor. However I'm not worried about either right away. He will be sleeping in his bassinet in our room for the first couple weeks until we get used to his feeding schedule and what his crys mean etc. His room is visible from our bed when you sit up so I'd like to get him used to his crib early on but I don't think I will need a monitor right away since our apartment is only about 1,000sq. And the swing I know will be helpful but isn't a MUST when I bring him home, we can get that in a few weeks. So I think this means I'm all set.... I still don't feel prepared.

We are at 10 days OR LESS and I'm scared. I'm getting paranoid. I mean I know this is what we wanted, I know I will be a good mommy, I know Kris will be a wonderful father, but I'm still scared. What am I going to do with a newborn?? I think I forgot about this part, you know, bringing home a real life little baby. lol I know this is normal and will fade as soon as I see him, but I sit here in disbelief, especially when I sit in his room, that I will have my son here soo soon. Every time I get a contraction I start to panic and look at the clock. So far we've only had a few sessions of 3 or 4 an hour then they stop. It's just scary knowing that next time I have one it could be the start of IT. I think I'll make it another week, but you never know. I've also been sleeping a lot better at night and I fear this is my body's way of saying "this is the home stretch, sleep now or else...". Only time will tell.

3 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Soooo soon :)

Crystal said...

Wowwwww!! 10 Days or less!! How exciting! I'm sure you both will do great once the little one is home!

Unknown said...

Everything will be okay. No need to worry. You already have a support group in your family ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails